Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: soutskeptic ( )
Date: February 01, 2011 12:42PM

Apologetics, Apostasy and Book of Mormon Geography.

Some might wonder what all three of these topics have in common. This presentation will discuss how the current LGT apologists are in apostasy from the Mormon Church and how apologists work to bolster beliefs in their theories. Book of Mormon Geography will also be addressed and the leading theories will be discussed. The topic of where Joseph Smith may have obtained his ideas will also be addressed.

Where did the Book of Mormon Geography occur? Book of Mormon scripture, 1845 Proclamation of the Twelve Apostles and LDS Prophets all promote a Hemispheric Model for the Book of Mormon, yet the new science of DNA genealogy challenges and debunks this view. LDS apologists are now presenting new Limited Geography Theory. Grape Nephi (William Wilson) a popular Ex/PostMormon poster will present insight into the controversy.

Reverend William Wilson is a trained anthropologist who has also worked as an archaeologist in Western New York (including Palmyra) and also the American Southwest. His primary focus is cultural anthropology and the anthropology of religion and has made an in-depth study into 1st century Christianity and the rise of Israel in the Middle East. His interests lie in the differences between mormon and Jewish beliefs about God, Hebrew Studies and Middle Eastern archaeology.

The lecture will be: Sunday February 6th at 2 PM in the St. George Holiday Inn. Everyone is invited to attend, come to Utah's Dixie where the summer sun spends the winter.

For further information contact soutpostmormons@hotmail.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 01, 2011 10:27PM

The Mopoligists at FAIR label William Wilson's call for evidence an "Illusion" and then attempt to promote the new LGT going against the Churches previous teachings.

See:

http://www.fairlds.org/Bible/Bible_vs_the_Book_of_Mormon_Video.html

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 02:07PM

I would love to hear this talk, but can't make the trip from Oregon. Can somebody make a video of it and post it somewhere on the Internet?

Posted by: Emmas Flaming Sword ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 07:19PM

I would love to hear this too but can't attend.

Date: February 05, 2011 03:27PM

One last plug for this Sunday Feb 6th at 2 PM at the St. George Holiday Inn.

Near 60 near degree (F) weather is on schedule. Folks are looking forward to meeting John Larsen and everyone is looking forward to Grape Nephi's lecture!

Come and enjoy a fun Postmo day and then top it off with the Super Bowl!

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: February 02, 2011 07:10PM

I'd love to come up there and stay at my mom's house there in S.G. "It's Sunday where are you going?""I'm going to a seminar on the Book of Mormon and why it's false." Hahahah. Sorry can't make it but it would be interesting. Video the thing.

Date: February 02, 2011 09:01PM

We very much appreciate everyone's interest. I wish we had the means to video the lecture. A very good rumor has it that the lecture will be audio recorded and placed on http://mormonexpression.com/

Date: February 03, 2011 08:53PM

Date: February 04, 2011 11:51AM

Posted by: Kyle ( )
Date: February 07, 2011 12:24PM

Stop topping your own post, man boobs :P

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.