Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gungholierthanthou ( )
Date: September 28, 2013 06:23PM

My wife and I moved to Papillion in January. I'd be interested in networking with like-minded people around here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lilith ( )
Date: September 28, 2013 09:07PM

Hope you get some responses

Date: September 29, 2013 12:05PM

Either there just aren't enough Mormons to go EX or they are a reticent introvert type.lol

My exmormon husband and I have tickets YAY to Book of Mormon in Omaha in October.

Flatlander is in Nebraska and there are a few KC area usually, but Id like to see Omaha exmos too. They have a TEMPLE, there must be some.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: September 29, 2013 12:17PM

at the First Unitarian church. I understand that the Unitarians have a way of collecting people who get disillusioned with their religion. I have a good friend who left a different faith who goes there, but for privacy reasons I can't say more. I'll just say that this person understands a lot about Mormonism, too.

There might be others. Sometimes people who leave OTHER faiths can be a source of support because they have gone through something similar. I know this friend was one of the few people I could talk to after I left Mormonism.

Posted by: templenameEsther ( )
Date: September 29, 2013 03:04PM

I am an exMo from central nebraska; 2 hours away from Omaha. Am also going to see BofM in Omaha in Oct...can't wait.

There are a lot of exMos in NE but most don't consider themselves to be Ex-Mormon because they weren't part of the church long enough to incorporate being a "mormon" into their identity. It was more of a religious event "being baptized" and then their religious experience ended.

Posted by: Iowan ( )
Date: September 29, 2013 04:26PM

Temple in Omaha is there only for historical reasons. It is closed a lot because there isn't enough interest. You have to schedule in advance.

Date: September 29, 2013 11:48PM

Date: September 29, 2013 06:14PM

Well we should start a page or something and network. Can't believe they've spent millions on a temple and hardly use it. Oops, I can believe it, sorry.

Posted by: Not the girl you used to know ( )
Date: September 30, 2013 10:41AM

My soon to be husband and I live in council bluffs.
We have been out 6 years.

Posted by: KryptoHighlander ( )
Date: February 13, 2014 05:57PM

Yes! I live just outside Papillion in Sarpy County. I was raised in the church and "got out" when I was 20. I've been hoping to find a small group of ex-Mormons to chat with. I actually have a few friends that are LDS and they visit the Temple pretty regularly so I think it's fairly "active". Ugh. Anyway, just letting you know there is at least one other apostate out there too! :D

Posted by: schmendrick ( )
Date: February 13, 2014 06:19PM

I live in Virginia now, but I'm from Omaha and visiting family here right now (also just outside Papillion). I was going to leave earlier this week, but... I'm driving and I really don't want to travel long distance in what the east coast is experiencing right now. So maybe I'm leaving next week.

I'm a nevermo, but if anybody's interested in doing something in the next few days I'm totally down.

Fridays when I'm in town I go to the Omaha Jitterbugs ( http://www.jitterbugs.org/event/jitterbugsnightout/ ) and I do have a friend there who's "less active" (doesn't believe, but hasn't resigned and doesn't really bring it up with family). Dunno if he'd be interested in meeting exmos, or if any of you would be interested in dancing, but there is a (price included) lesson before the dance, and I won two free passes in the door raffle recently that you're welcome to if you show up (just let me know you're coming).

Posted by: Nolongerquestioning81 ( )
Date: February 13, 2014 06:50PM

I live in Council Bluffs, I'd also love to meet people I can actually share my opinion with.

Posted by: Not the Girl You used to Know ( )
Date: February 13, 2014 07:26PM

I wonder if I know you,serslyqustning???
I went to the Greenview Ward.
I live in council bluffs as well!

Date: February 13, 2014 07:31PM

Quite possibly...I've lived here for a few decades.

Date: February 13, 2014 07:38PM

I'm also in greenview, though I've never been. Combination of Council Bluffs/Kanesville before that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2014 07:56PM by serslyqustning1981.

Posted by: studdedangel ( )
Date: February 13, 2014 07:35PM

Crap I used to live there until a yr ago. I was in the plattsmouth ward. But luckily at least in my opinion there isn't a huge amount of actual mo's there much better than Utah or Idaho. Good luck to you!

Posted by: noncompete ( )
Date: February 13, 2014 08:39PM

We are in Lincoln.

Posted by: Buddy ( )
Date: February 17, 2014 10:15AM

We too are in Lincoln. Life long members trying to figure this out. Wish there were more of us to support each other. The forums are invaluable to surviving this mess.

Date: February 13, 2014 10:25PM

Wow. I think I'm gonna start believing in the resurrection. Of threads. I started this in September--almost half a year ago. Anyway, I'm also in Papillion. So we should try a meet. Sunday? There's the Panera in front of Walmart of 72nd. How does 10am sound? I'm up for other suggestions. I know Sunday meetings might leave a bad taste in your mouth that coffee has only a slight chance of washing out.

Posted by: schmendrick ( )
Date: February 13, 2014 11:38PM

If I'm awake I'll go.

Posted by: subieguy180 ( )
Date: February 13, 2014 10:43PM

i was born in Omaha but lived in Tennessee my whole life

Date: February 14, 2014 08:45AM

Wanna meet/ or not meet this time; later?

Date: February 14, 2014 09:28PM

I'm game if I'm kid-free that day

Posted by: Schmendrick(not logged in) ( )
Date: February 16, 2014 11:14AM

What do y'all look like/where are you sitting?

Posted by: jrv1000 ( )
Date: December 13, 2018 02:40PM

Hello. not a lot of activity on this thread for awhile. any ex-lds that want meet up & chat here in omaha? thx..

Posted by: Stacy ( )
Date: February 03, 2019 09:18AM

I’d love to have a group of ex-lds friends and I’m in Omaha. I’m currently waiting to receive confirmation of my resignation from the church.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: February 03, 2019 10:18AM

Congratulations on your resignation, Stacy! I'm guessing some bishop might try to contact you. Remember you are not a member of his church if you notified them and have no further obligation to jump though any of their hoops.

This is an old thread so I hope there are new people who see your post in your area.

I lived in Omaha about 7 years many, many years ago.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.