Date: December 26, 2015 11:13PM
Does belief in Mormon theology breed Psychopaths? Is the Mormon church a "Sociopath/Psychopath Machine"?
I'm starting to believe that it does; Consider this:
If young parents are taught and come to truly believe that they will not be able to be with their own children (or with their own parents) in the hereafter unless there is strict obedience to a specific set of beliefs it can obviously create an environment so dogmatic and obsessive in enforcing these beliefs (word of wisdom, church attendance, paying tithing, the "Law of Chastity", only dating and marrying within the faith, societal pressure, temple attendance, church "callings", etc.) that it could force young minds to fracture in an attempt to protect its individualism.
It certainly trains them to become amazingly adept at telling lies and "acting" as a means of survival. Combine that with a good education, attractiveness, blue eyes and you've got a young adult who has learned how much easier it is to get what they want through deception than by equitable, fair exchange. Any lie that conflicts with natural law (i.e. gravity) will ultimately cause pain to the individual who accepts it as truth. It seems to me that "By their fruits you shall know them" is applicable here.
Combine these above beliefs with the belief that the purpose of our existence is a "test" -- and that this test is nothing but a millisecond of time in comparison to "all time and eternity" -- well that can put an awful lot of pressure on people. If you get this one short test wrong --- you pay the price in the "terrestrial" Kingdom for all time and eternity. However, the more "worthy" members of the family can come down to visit you from the "Celestial Kingdom" -- but you can't go "up". You failed the "millisecond long" test. You were blinded by the craftiness of men. It's like being visited in the County Jail.
Men become as the God they worship; Check this out: "If you are touched with the light of Christ you will have no desire to raise your hand in violence ever again. You would rather have your enemy cut you in two while you stand before them. But wait, see that drunk bastard laying in the street over there? Go cut his head off. We need some brass plates inside his house. It's better we ice this dude right now than have a whole nation of God's chosen people go without our book and 'dwindle in unbelief.'"
And what's up with Korihor? Exactly what did he do again? Take a close look at ALMA in the story of Korihor. That's the Mafia as far as I'm concerned. Did the Chief Judge really just threaten to hurt innocent bystanders in case Alma doesn't quite "feel" the power of God yet (as if he needs a little more convincing or "torturing")? Or was it Korihor's family being threatened? Why did the miracle Korihor asked for take place in such a way that the story had to be told only "according to the words of Alma" afterwards? Did Alma Just Cut Korihor's tongue out?
Did you notice the "proclamation" sent out after Korihor was trampled to death in the street warning everyone they they would end up the same way should they dare believe in Korihor's absurdities? Why did the author spend so much time making sure that we (the readers) knew that there was no law governing a man's beliefs and that no man could be punished for what he believed?
1. Arthur Bishop – Mormon, return missionary, pedophile, sociopath/psychopath, serial murderer, prepared for his execution by reading the Book of Mormon ten times. Used headphones to shield himself from profanity of fellow inmates. Spent last hours in fasting and prayer.
2. Gary Gilmore – Mormon, serial murderer
3. Mark Hacking – Mormon, return missionary, sociopath, murdered wife in her sleep, dumped body in the trash. Wife's body was found in Salt Lake City landfill three months after he reported her missing.
4. Josh Powell – Mormon, wife murderer, infanticide,
5. D.B. Cooper (a.k.a. Richard Floyd McCoy, Jr.) -- Mormon, Vietnam veteran, helicopter pilot, skydiver. As a police science major at Brigham Young University in 1972 he hijacked United Airlines Flight 855 holding a hand grenade, demanding $500k in cash and four parachutes. He instructed the crew to fly to Utah where he bailed out over Provo. He was arrested two days later, tried, convicted and sentenced to 45 years in prison. The money was never recovered.
6. Jason Derek Brown Mormon, missionary, murderer, armed robber. Shot a man five times in the head in 2004 outside a theater in Arizona. Source: France Paris Mission Alumni News
7. Ronald Lee Haskell -- 2014 mass shooting of six family members, four of them children, apprehended after a standoff.
8. Glenn Helzer -- Mormon, killed five people in San Francisco in the summer of 2003. Conspired to fund a self-awareness program to bring "joy, peace and love" to the world, extorted money. His defense attorney argued that he spent his boyhood as a "Mormon surrounded by religious influences so outside the mainstream that acquaintances and family members made him believe God chose him as a prophet".
9. Butch Cassidy -- Mormon, sociopath/psychopath, murderer, thief, con-man, born Robert LeRoy Parker in Beaver, Utah 1866, oldest of 13 children, devout Mormon parents, baptized age 8. Documented quote: "They holler louder if you cut off both legs"
10. Mark Lafferty -- Mormon, Blood atonement advocate
11. Mark Hoffmann -- Mormon, return missionary, sociopath/psychopath, con-man, forger, convicted murderer, "devout" LDS family, married in SLC Temple 1979, four children. Hoffman told prosecutors that he had "lost his faith in the LDS Church" when he was "about fourteen" years old. His most notorious forgery (and his sociopathic skills) fooled then Prophet, Gordon B. Hinkley into granting Hoffman and his business partners a $500k line of credit to secure additional "relative" documents to “The "Salamander Letter" which depicted Joseph Smith as a practitioner of folk magic, and related a very different account of how he obtained the Gold Plates. In 1985 Hoffman planted two bombs killing Steven Christensen and Kathy Sheets and was then injured while transporting a third bomb. Pled guilty to lesser charges to avoid death penalty and sentenced to life in prison. Hofmann took the church and then Prophets, Spencer W. Kimball and Gordon B. Hinkley for a very long and twisting roller coaster ride to the tune of nearly a million dollars in sales, trades, and offers of documents before being discovered as a con-man.
12. Brian David "Emmanuel" Mitchell -- Mormon, pedophile, self proclaimed prophet, kidnapped fourteen-year-old Elizabeth Smart from her bed in 2002, served as a high councilor, temple worker, finished writing his "spiritual revelations" in 2002.
13. Warren Jeffs -- (FLDS) Mormon “prophet”, pedophile, rapist, polygamist, racist, convicted felon serving 20 years, two of Jeffs' children, a son and a daughter, have publicly claimed that they were sexually abused by him. In 2007, Washington County Attorney's Office released video of jailhouse conversations between Jeffs and his brother, Nephi. In the videos, Jeffs renounces his prophethood, claiming that God had told him that if he revealed that he was not the rightful prophet, and was a "wicked man", he would still gain a place in the telestial kingdom. Jeffs also admits to what he calls "immoral actions with a sister and a daughter" when he was 20 years old. In July 2004, Jeffs' nephew, Brent Jeffs, filed a lawsuit against him alleging that in the late 1980s his uncle sodomized him in the Salt Lake Valley compound then owned by the FLDS Church. Brent Jeffs said he was five or six years old at the time, and that Jeffs' brothers, also named in the lawsuit, watched and participated in the abuse. Two of Jeffs' other nephews also made similar abuse claims against him. One of the alleged victims, Clayne Jeffs, committed suicide with a firearm after accusing Jeffs of sexually assaulting him as a child. Records also show that while incarcerated, Jeffs tried to commit suicide by banging his head against the walls and trying to hang himself. "The black race is the people through which the devil has always been able to bring evil unto the earth." "[Cain was] cursed with a black skin and he is the father of the Negro people. He has great power, can appear and disappear. He is used by the devil, as a mortal man, to do great evils." "Today you can see a black man with a white woman, et cetera. A great evil has happened on this land because the devil knows that if all the people have Negro blood, there will be nobody worthy to have the priesthood." "If you marry a person who has connections with a Negro, you would become cursed.
14. Jodi Arias -- converted to Mormonism, shot and stabbed boyfriend 27 times in the face then slit his throat from ear to ear (mormon temple, or masonic ritual style) 24 months after he baptized her into the Mormon church.
15. Israel Keyes -- Mormon, serial killer, had victims strung across the country, killed for blood sport, robbed banks, committed arson, raped, and kidnapped for ransom. Ted Bundy was his idol.
16. Ted Bundy -- Mormon convert (1974), sociopath / psychopath, glib, superficial charm, one of the most prolific serial killers in American history, vehemently maintained he was innocent until shortly before his execution. 'Ted Bundy told me things that he’s never told anybody [and that] he killed more than 100 people, and not only women.' -- Seattle attorney John Henry Browne who represented Bundy
17. Ernie Shereer III -- Mormon, sociopath / psychopath, glib, superficial charm, murdered both parents for inheritance, sociopath, gambler, dual life.
18. Bruce Jesson -- Mormon, bishop, missionary, chief architect CIA "enhanced interrogation techniques" torture protocol, paid more than $40M)
19. James Elmer Mitchell -- Mormon, bishop, missionary, chief architect CIA "enhanced interrogation techniques" torture protocol, paid more than $40M).
20. Richard T. Bretzing -- Mormon, Bishop, missionary, Los Angeles FBI Chief, headed “FBI Mormon Mafia” to protect fellow Mormon, Richard W. Miller, the first FBI agent ever charged as a spy in 1984. (Miller was later sentenced to two life prison terms and excommunicated from the LDS church.) At the time, there were more than 50 Mormons among the 448 agents in the Los Angeles office. In 1973, while assigned to the FBI headquarters in Washington, Bretzing played a role in the bribery investigation that resulted in the resignation of Vice President Spiro Agnew. Two years later in Detroit, he was assigned to head the FBI's probe into the disappearance of former Teamsters President Jimmy Hoffa. Appointed LDS Church Head of Security Chief 1988. Documented quote: "Active Mormons don't step down from anything".
21. Porter Rockwell -- Mormon, personal bodyguard of founder and prophet Joseph Smith, Jr. Known as “The Destroying Angel of Mormondom”. At Rockwell’s funeral, apostle and future church president Joseph F. Smith said about Porter – “They say he was a murderer; He was. And he was also the friend of Joseph Smith and Brigham Young, and he was faithful to them, and to his covenants, and he has gone to Heaven and apostates go to Hell… Porter Rockwell was yesterday afternoon ushered into Heaven clothed with immortality and eternal life, and crowned with all glory which belongs to a departed saint. He has his little faults but Porter’s life on earth, taken altogether, was one worthy of example, and reflected honor upon the church. Through all his trials he had never once forgotten his obligations to his brethren and his God."
22. Joseph Paul Franklin (a.k.a. James Clayton Vaughn Jr) -- Mormon convert (1974) who joined the church because of its stance on Blacks not holding priesthood office (pre-1978). Notorious racist and serial killer (convicted of or has admitted to 21 killings of mostly blacks and jews). Shot and paralyzed Hustler magazine proprietor, Larry Flint.
23. M.E. Thomas (allegedly a.k.a. S.L.C. attorney, Jamie R. Lund) Mormon, Sunday school teacher, living in Salt Lake City, author (as M.E. Thomas) of bestseller “Confessions Of A Sociopath”. “I was hoping that he would walk into a deserted hallway where I would find him alone. I felt so sure of myself, so focused on this one thing I had to do. An image sprang to mind: my hands wrapped around his neck, my thumbs digging deep into his throat, his life slipping away under my unrelenting grasp. How right that would feel. But I know I had been caught in a megalomaniacal fantasy.”