Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 02:27PM

The Church is a sinking ship. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing, however, the internet and changes in the consciousness of society can. As has been stated in other posts, the Church is hemorrhaging the youth and could be 2 generations away from irrelevancy (I don't think it will actually completely diminish for some time) When disaster is happening, but you can't or won't do anything to solve the problems, what better way to draw attention away from that then to make a 'straw man' enemy. For all of it's talk of love and peace, the church survives best when it is on the attack. If they really wanted to fix things, they would examine their own ship and fix things instead of trying to 'draw the mote' out of their neighbors eye.

The church should follow their own plan for repentance.

1. acknowledge they have done something wrong.
2. Try to make restitution.
3. Never do it a gain.

Of curse the big step is making them realize that they did do something wrong.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sisterexmo ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 02:39PM

The Book of Abraham is a festering sore.

The Book of Mormon is silly and irrelevent

Much of the other documentation, and the biographies of the leaders is repellent, bigoted and downright wierd.

What's left?

Lets build some hotels and shopping malls to keep us employed when the last baloon goes up.

Posted by: Nebularry ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 03:40PM

but more like a stagnant pond. It still has life in it but it stinks. Sad to say, I think the church will be around for a long, long time. Though I do agree that it is becoming increasingly irrelevant. My guess is it will gradually de-emphasize the Book of Mormon and, especially the P. of G.P., and eventually become just another mainstream denomination. It's "uniqueness" is more of an embarassment than a source of distinction. Those traits that were once a matter of pride will be quietly slid into the background of obscure doctrine. The Morg will have to morph in order to survive.

That's my prophecy and I'm sticking to it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.