Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 04:36PM

I grew up in the Church.

I was taught that the President of the Church spoke as God's prophet to the world.

They reviewed at past conference the 14 points that make a prophet.They talked about that concept.

They sustained all 15 as Prophets Seers and Revelators at past conference last weekend.

Will Monson come out and sustain what Packer said. "As a Prophet of God I sustain what my brother prophet, seer and revelator said." He would then be acting like the prophets that the church teaches Church members from the scriptures.

Or will he act as a Prophet and come out and say, "As prophet to the world we as a Church screwed up last weekend. "The will of the Lord is this topic...."

Or will the Prophet of the Lord stay quiet? Meaning to me that God has no thoughts about the topic one way or the other. After all I did hear speaker after speaker getting up saying that God speaks through his prophet, meaning Monson. They bore testimony to that fact.

So no comment from Monson says a lot about revelation to Monson, releation to the Church and revalation to the world.

The fact that they have edited Packer's talk says to me a lot. If God's prophet can't speak to the world, just how true is this Church people? And they are wondering why people are fleeing.

If I was a speaker and bore testimony about Monson being a prophet, I would be doing some deep soul searching after editing a prophet's talk.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dr. B (Buzzard Bait) ( )
Date: October 08, 2010 07:34PM

So much smoke and mirrors as the wizzard of Oz puts on a great show of his magical powers.

When claims are made of being the prophet to speak for all people of the earth, you better be or else you are the biggest liar on earth. In the Bible they were many prophets and not one claimed to be the only prophet to speak for God. Each prophet has his time and place to speak. Go over the 14 points speech that was given at conference. These statements are on thin ice. If the 14 points were true, then the LDS would be a different church everytime there was a new prophet. The power of the prophet in charge according to these points would be to nullify all that was said in the past. If this does not dawn on people what is said, they really have a problem. These 14 points speaks of total mind control and total dictatorship is this what people want? God does not justify this, but a much darker power such as the one ruling this world today does. People wake up and run!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.