Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: December 22, 2013 10:13PM

The talk stations around here have been talking about the Utah "Marriage with wife #1 official, wives #2, 3, 4, etc. 'religious'."

There's NO WAY TSCC can avoid this--D&C 132 is sooooo frikkin' specific, do it-or-Hell-will-rain-down commandment-esque and the "manifesto" is NOT an uffishal Joe Smith revelation.....

I mean...this should be the biggest W.T.F. moment EVERRRRRRR for the churchy-church-church!

And what are they gonna do?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: December 23, 2013 04:06AM

The COJSOLDS decided long ago to distance itself from the religion of Brigham Young in exchange for economic and political power. The future argument will be about who the "real" Mormons are. I don't think the FLDS are going to begin a recruitment drive though.

Posted by: xxMMoo ( )
Date: December 23, 2013 04:30AM

Strangite FTW.

Posted by: QWE ( )
Date: December 23, 2013 06:48AM

I do think polygamy will be brought back by the church in the future (even some TBMs think this!). However, they're not going to do it now, because they won't want to make it look like they're doing it just because it's now legal, they'll probably wait about 10 years to make it look like a revelation from God. Also, even if polygamy is legal, in a way, in Utah, it's not legal in other parts of the world, and also, it's still got a bad reputation with a lot of the general public. The church leaders prioritize keeping the church's image good.

Posted by: MarkJ ( )
Date: December 23, 2013 10:43AM

Celestial marriage (i.e. polygamy) is still a requirement for exaltation in the CK.

I would think that the church would be rapturous about the restoration of "the principle."

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: December 23, 2013 12:19PM

"Celestial marriage (i.e. polygamy) is still a requirement for exaltation in the CK.

I would think that the church would be rapturous about the restoration of "the principle." "

Exactly MarkJ--the church would self-destruct from within, and lose any effectiveness from its missionaries (except in a few cases) if it followed its own God-given revelations.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.