Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gentleben ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 05:58PM

In this country, so is the practice of religion. Would we ever see for example laws that deny the right to perform 'celestial marriages' because the majority of the population does not support that choice, of that the gov't only recognizes marriages until death?

Why is one choice permissible, and one legislated??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 05:59PM

Right. Just like being black is a choice. Just ask Michael Jackson ;)

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 06:01PM

LOL - Mormonism is a choice. And it's a bad one. Remember, these are the people that believe God lives near a star named Kolob and Joseph Smith could have had access to the original writings of Abraham and that the world wouldn't care - that Muslims and Jews wouldn't have wanted to see said writings. They are delusional.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 10:15PM

even if you look totally white --

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 09:26PM

Some of our bolder critics have accused us of stating that homosexuality is a choice. We have never said such a thing. What we did say was that homosexuality was choice. Indeed, choice above all others. If you haven't seen Tommy in a teddy, you may as well watch R rated Cinemax movies with bare breasts. We embrace our inner gay (but we do so as buddies, nothing more).

1,2,3, let's go vote shopping!

Posted by: Facing Tao ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 10:35PM

I bet sexuality is a spectrum.. people in one end could never be anything but homosexual, and vice versa. People in the middle are bisexual. And then there's many grades in between. I know a handful of people who I would totally think are gay, but are in a heterosexual relationship and have kids, and it doesn't *seem* they would be living against their internal sense of self. So, while perhaps a person in the middle part of that spectrum might be able to choose one way or another, someone in the homosexual end of the spectrum likely can't choose any more not to be gay than someone in the opposite end could choose to be attracted to the same sex.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: January 08, 2014 10:21PM

Well, even if it WAS a choice, I'd choose it. Sorry to have to say this, but the truth is, women have VERY SMALL penises. At least the ones I've seen...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.