Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: January 12, 2014 02:13PM

"•75 percent wish they had devoted more time and energy to education and career — relative to 58 percent of the general population.

•73 percent wish they had made better financial decisions over the course of their lives — and so did 65 percent of the total survey group.

•Low-income women are more likely than men to regret tying the knot when they did — 52 percent versus 33 percent.

•And nearly one-third of low-income women with children wish they had postponed having children — or had fewer of them."

I don't like the tone of this article.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: January 12, 2014 04:08PM

In the eyes of the government we are all just 'human capital'.

Posted by: Stormin ( )
Date: January 12, 2014 06:31PM

Why would anyone then want more immigrants to take the few jobs we have now and continue to increase unemployment, depress citizen wages and standard of living? I guess just the employers that want to keep high profits and low costs!

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: January 12, 2014 06:38PM

?? I guess I missed the paragraph about immigrants being related to this story.

Posted by: extbm1324 ( )
Date: January 12, 2014 06:39PM

I think a lot of it falls on the fact that many men are not being held accountable for being part of the parenting process. Lets be honest, it is 10 times easier for a single man to raise himself out of poverty then a single woman who has a child. Many of these mothers are left without the second half for their child. Any man who takes part in creating life should be held just as much financially responsible for that child as the mother regardless if they are married or not.

It takes TWO to create life, and those TWO people should both be responsible for the child, not just the mother. Even if it is just the father paying child support (50% of the cost to raise the child) so that mother has a better opportunity to better her economic opportunities through whatever means she chooses.

I think many men take for granted how hard it would be to be left a single mother without the means to support themselves properly.

This article sort of revolves around, "that woman should not have had a baby." The truth is though, that is takes a man to do it. To many men walk away from pregnancies without being held responsible.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 13, 2014 01:21PM

"You're an asset. An expendable asset. And I used you to get the job done."

"Predator" (1987)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.