Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 23, 2014 12:00PM

Polygamy has a long history...it must have happened a few times.

Women in the nineteenth century didn't have many options. Are there any known cases of gay women in polygamous relationships?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2014 12:38PM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: onlinemoniker ( )
Date: January 23, 2014 12:03PM

Are you suggesting polygamy would lead women desperate for physical intimacy to have sex with each other rather than wait for their turn w/ hubby?

Probably not more often than any straight woman outside Mormonism experimenting with lesbianism.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 23, 2014 12:06PM

I think men's imaginations tend to assume rampant lesbian sexual scenes which are not likely.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: January 23, 2014 12:07PM

I think what may have been suggested was that lesbian women were actually lesbians lovers, and lived in polygamous relationships to survive.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 23, 2014 12:34PM

Posted by: stoppedtheinsanity ( )
Date: January 23, 2014 12:39PM

What I notice is that women just want other women around. ( Not necessarily in a polygamist relationship though) Men, for the sex and if your not lesbian then women just for the bonding and nurturing. I was in a ward awhile back and these women just loved hanging out and connecting with each other and talk all the time about how much they loved and needed each other but of course they loved their husband. Their husbands just seemed to be missing something they needed, apparently. I think more women are like this than not, in my experience. I was not, so it always kind of fascinated me.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.