Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: January 25, 2014 12:46AM

First, though, some quick background:

My grandfather, Ezra Taft, and his wife, Flora, spent their final years living in the downtown-Salt Lake City Eagle Gate apartment complex, located just east of the Church Office Building and featured here in this real-estate ad:

http://www.utpma.com/residential/eaglegate.htm

Grandpa and Grandma resided on the 8th floor, in an LDS Church-provided, -guarded and -maintained apartment, about which I have previously shared some recollections:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,444029,444141#msg-444141
_____

Now, the question:

Reports are that other high-rankers among the highest-ranking in the Mormon Church elite currently are also nesting at the Eagle Gate. Suggestions are that certain members of the First Presidency are part of that select saintly bunch and that the LDS Church controls several upper-level suites in this well-situated apartment complex for their personal, private and protected living pleasure.

WHAT IS WANTED: Who, specifically, are these folks? Have they a name? Will you give it to me? You will through the email?

I have my own contacts in the area who may be able to shed light but if anyone here on this board knows, you can either:

1) share what you know and how you know it in this thread; or

2) get my email addy from Admin (exmolight@gmail.com) and tell me off-board, undercover and behind the veil at the local Benson bar.

Tnanks, in advance, for your help. I may-pay-someday for your ale. :)

Edited 14 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2014 02:35AM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 25, 2014 03:47PM

"Dramatic views of the beautiful surroundings, such as Temple Square, downtown Salt Lake City, and the nearby Wasatch Mountains are an important plus."

Calling Temple Square beautiful means it has to be Morg owned. And views in the winter smog of anything? I think not.

Sorry, I don't know anyone there, but a quick walk through their mailbox room would reveal a lot, if they have one and someone could get in there.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: January 25, 2014 05:22PM

It's Saturday afternoon, and the spirit just whispered to me which DVD I should pop into the player. Richard and Clint can keep me company.

Posted by: maddyb not logged in ( )
Date: January 25, 2014 10:33PM

Misfits reference?

Posted by: DNAmakesMErelevant ( )
Date: January 26, 2014 11:13AM

steve benson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> First, though, some quick background:
>
> My grandfather, Ezra Taft, and his wife, Flora,
>
>

Wait, are you saying that Ezra Taft Bendon was your grandfather? I've never ever heard you mention that before. Have you ever posted that on this forum?

Posted by: almost ( )
Date: January 26, 2014 11:29AM

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: January 26, 2014 11:47AM

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2014 12:43PM by steve benson.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 26, 2014 12:05PM

When I first saw the Eagle Gate arch in Salt Lake City it reminded me of the crossed swords Victory Arch in Bagdad:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Swords_of_qadisiyah.jpg

Posted by: greatstanding ( )
Date: January 27, 2014 11:09AM

I was able to capture the following information from a visit to my mom's house this weekend. As always, this information is "Not to be Used for Any Commercial, Business, or Political Purpose", but it is straight from the Salt Lake Ensign Stake 18th Ward roster.

Residents of 40 N State St:
Ballard, Elder M. Russell and Barbara
#7D

Oaks, Elder Dallin H. and Kristen
#5D

Former 70, current Pres of SVU-Sybrowsky, Paul and Lynne
#6D

Other residents of note:

Current 70- Bennett, Randall and Shelley
47 E South Temple- their residence is listed as the Church Admin Bldg

Former MP, current 70- Nielsen, Gifford and Wendy
Former 70, current MP- Choi,Yoon and Koo, Bon Kyung

For kicks and giggles, I looked at the Salt Lake County property records for 40 N State St in Salt Lake City, and ChurchCo owns at least half of it. Of 59 properties listed at that address, 31 are owned by Property Reserve Inc, and 1 is owned by Corp of Presiding Bishopric. Interesting to note that the Oaks and Ballard residences are owned in Trusts in the name of each family. Seems like a simple way to transfer ownership from ChurchCo to private individuals without the messy tax implications.

I hope this is some of what is wanted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2014 11:30AM by greatstanding.

Posted by: xnorth ( )
Date: January 27, 2014 12:48PM

I don't know anything about that, but I do have many memories of Eagle Gate myself. My grandparents lived there in the 80s and early 90s. I remember my parents always talking about how cool it was so many GAs lived there, and running into one occasionally. I remember riding down in an elevator with Faust as a little girl and being scared of him.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.