Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Widget ( )
Date: February 15, 2014 03:47AM

While the body of "true" doctrine of the "restored" corporation of Je$u$ Chri$t has been as variable as a wind vane on a gusty day, LD$ Inc.'s efforts to increase its wealth continue on the "straight and narrow" with this week's announcement about the Mormon cult's 32-story apartment tower being developed in Philadelphia.

"The new residential building will total 400,000 square feet and have 258 market-rate apartments as well as 13 townhouses," the Philadelphia Business Journal reported Wednesday. "About 12,000 square feet of the development will be dedicated to street-level retail."

The PBJ report also says: "While church officials declined to say how much the project will cost, it is estimated to run roughly $120 million."

(Ref. http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/blog/real-estate/2014/02/mormon-church-to-build-32-story.html )

Mormon scripture should be modified with the following extra verse: "And it came to pass that the exceedingly rich 'kingdom' of the Lawrd, the LD$ Chairman of the Board, did expand with yet another 'great and spacious building' project in the Promised Land!"

As a reminder (or an initial FYI to lurking Latter-day Saints), just three months ago the Tampa Bay Times reported:

"The Mormon Church is poised to become the largest private landowner in the state.

"AgReserves Inc., a Utah-based tax-paying affiliate of the church, is buying nearly 383,000 acres in northwest Florida from the St. Joe Co., according to a deal announced Thursday.

"The price tag of $565 million includes the bulk of St. Joe's timberland in Bay, Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty and Wakulla counties."

(Ref. http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/corporate/st-joe-co-selling-382834-acres-in-northwest-florida/2151305 )

For the $685M (approx.) that the multi-billion-dollar LD$ Church is spending on the 32-story development in Philly and the FL ranch real estate and timberland, the religious-corporate conglomerate headquartered in SLC that claims to be "the only true and living church" COULD provide nearly 7 million water purification kits to needy families worldwide via UNICEF. The World Health Organization says on its website:

- "A significant proportion of diarrhoeal disease can be prevented through safe drinking-water and adequate sanitation and hygiene."

- "Diarrhoeal disease is the second leading cause of death in children under five years old. It is both preventable and treatable."

- "Each year diarrhoea kills around 760,000 children under five."

(Ref. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs330/en/ )

Why save 100's of 1,000's of children from an awful death when there's money to be made in Philadelphia (and FL, UT, etc.)? It's a very 'inconvenient' question that LD$ Inc.'s well-remunerated, 'Profit-ic' leadership won't ever answer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Upsetrm ( )
Date: February 15, 2014 04:29AM

really? I thought it would be more than that to be honest with you

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: February 15, 2014 06:21AM

Which just brings home the thought "why did the CCC in slc cost so damn much?

Compare cost per square foot.

Money laundering.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: February 15, 2014 07:51AM

What this philly buildathon is really about is that the city of brotherly love is not suitable for mobots and pure housing needs to be constructed. And lets not discuss what brotherly love REALLY means..

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: February 15, 2014 09:55AM

" 22 Let my servant George, and my servant Lyman, and my servant John Snider, and others, build a house unto my name, such a one as my servant Joseph shall show unto them, upon the place which he shall show unto them also.

23 And it shall be for a house for boarding, a house that strangers may come from afar to lodge therein; therefore let it be a good house, worthy of all acceptation, that the weary traveller may find health and safety while he shall contemplate the word of the Lord; and the cornerstone I have appointed for Zion.

24 This house shall be a healthful habitation if it be built unto my name, and if the governor which shall be appointed unto it shall not suffer any pollution to come upon it. It shall be holy, or the Lord your God will not dwell therein."

And, for a small fee, Reverend Ike will set you free...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.