Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 02:32AM

I saw this guy post on someones blog.
This is his (Dufuss to protect his name) profile. He is so very well read and his list of literature is impressive.

President (Dufuss)
Fave movies: Ben Hur
Fave Music: The Mormon Tabernacle Choir
Fave Books: The Church Handbook of Instructions (Handbook 1 for Stake Presidents & Bishops)
The Church Handbook of Instructions (Handbook 2 Administering the Church)
The Book of Mormon
How to Build Your Downline:Your Step-By-Step Guide to Extraordinary Wealth

“How to Build Your Downline:Your Step-By-Step Guide to Extraordinary Wealth”

Now who’d a thunk an SP would be in bed with MLM strategies of salesmanship by yanking on unsuspecting emotions to build wealth?

This profile of Mr. Dufuss IMO is not reality. This is 100% PR for that outward righteousness facade that is oh so important because every knows how unbelievably perfect SP’s are rrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigghhttttt?

This guy posted on a kids blog that pokes a little fun at Mormonism but he claims to be a believer.

Anywhoo Mr Dufuss posted this:
“As a stake president I would counsel you to not poke fun at the holy scriptures.”

What a dufuss. “As a STAKE PRESIDENT” or “I am not only more important than you will ever be but I’m also in charge of your personal blog”

“I would COUNSEL you”

Why not use “advise” instead of counsel? Or why not “be careful about mocking the scriptures”

No it is “I would counsel you” or “the lord counsels us” or “the Prophets have counseled this that and the other”.
If you hear “counsel” in Mormonism you had better pull your shorts up, get your mind right and be mindful, or………………..else…………….something……….might……….happen!

Talk about mormon speak!

Counsel. Good grief. Shut the hell up already.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 03:53AM

A few weeks ago someone posted his blog information and we had a great time with it. The consensus was that it was probably a parody site--but the creator did a pretty good job with the subtlety level ... enough to keep many here guessing! The old thread it located at this link:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,103304,103304#msg-103304

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 12:13PM

So you think the FB Profile for Mr. Paternoster is made up? That would fit with the rest of the site. Wow, I was hooked.

I was reading the BBC threads about “I am and Ex-mormon” and then hit Mr. Paternoster’s stuff.
I was already spun up and quite ready to stab myself in the eye with a sharp stick!

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: February 20, 2011 03:16AM

Although it's true that many (most?) TBMs believe basically everything he writes about--and you could probably find documentation from church-approved sources to support his claims and opinions--it's the blatant, unapologetic way he presents his writings that raises the red flag. His site highlights some of the most "uncomfortable" aspects of Mormonism without equivocation--things a lot of Mormons are somewhat embarrassed about, but nominally accept as part of their creed. Also, it is my understanding that the Mormon church discourages (forbids?) its official leaders from publishing items relevant to Mormonism on unofficial blogs, such as "President Paternoster's." For those reasons, I am convinced this is not a legitimate site--I'd say it's someone's attempt to discredit the church by employing an "in your face" style to expose some of the church's most damaging, current teachings.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2011 03:46AM by Fetal Deity.

Posted by: dieublanc ( )
Date: February 23, 2011 02:11PM

I thought this guy was legit for a bit but his latest post is hilarious. There's no way a real SP would do that announcement.

Date: February 25, 2011 03:19PM

Since he is quoting from the handbook of instructions, is claiming to be a stake pres and is annoying a lot of people I wonder the church could legally stop him. The comments have TBM's swearing at him - it's quite amusing!

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: February 25, 2011 04:47PM

another part of the cleverness is that Pater Noster is Latin for Our Father...it's also another name for the Lord's Prayer.

Posted by: 88kara88 ( )
Date: February 19, 2011 12:22PM

Can I ask a ? as a nevermo. Who gives a shit if these yahoos are on here. Hopefully they will keep reading your posts and learn something. I makes me very sad to see how much this cult makes everyone nervous, paranoid, guilty, sad, full of shame, etc., etc., etc. I've watched my close friend of eleven years who left the church go through much of the same. It is such a travesty. I truly wish everyone the best. I know you're all probably suspicious that I am a spy. Please go to my blog and check it out if you'd like. My most recent post discusses my friend and the book we're writing about her true life story and leaving Mormonism. The blog is-karasjourneytohealth.wordpress.com

I wish everyone the best in their healing process.

Kara A. Myers

Date: February 23, 2011 02:12PM

I thought this guy was legit for a bit but his latest post is hilarious. There's no way a real SP would do that announcement.

Posted by: luckychucky ( )
Date: February 23, 2011 03:00PM

Wow President "Lordsprayer" is a funny guy. I think the TBM remarks in the comment sections are the best, it's just proof of the brand of crazy TSCC sells to folks. I will probably follow it just to see what other stupid mo gems he brings to the table of mockery and satire.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.