Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: March 15, 2014 08:55PM

A real service to mankind if it's as legit as it appears here.

Move over, Doctors Pons, Fleishman and Jones.

http://www.earth-heal.com/news/news/112-inventions/1472-brazil-free-energy-device.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvcrqODpDY4#t=55

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2014 08:58PM by Shummy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 15, 2014 09:00PM

"Earth Electron Captor Generator"?

That's how the Nazi's powered their secret flying saucer fleet!

(Cue ominous music and gravely voiced narrator: "In a world where...")

Date: March 15, 2014 09:06PM

Chicken N. Backpacks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Earth Electron Captor Generator"?
>
> That's how the Nazi's powered their secret flying
> saucer fleet!
>
> (Cue ominous music and gravely voiced narrator:
> "In a world where...")

Yah, the aliens didn't give der hitler the more advanced flux capacitor. They held that back for Marty McFly.

Posted by: Alpiner ( )
Date: March 15, 2014 09:01PM

That's a fraud.

1) It's a violation of the first law of thermodynamics

2) The authors claim it takes 15kW to run a normal house? Cut that that down to about 3kW (I use about 20-25kw/h a day) and you're closer closer to reality.

3) The wire on that website is simply a heavy-gauge copper-wound cable.

Posted by: Bradley ( )
Date: March 16, 2014 01:42PM

It's hot in Brazil. Central air can easily run 10kW, like many houses in Arizona.

Over-unity may or may not be a violation of the laws of physics depending where the system boundaries are placed. I'm a little suspicious that it looks a lot like Bearden's MEG, which hasn't been proven to go over unity by anyone in the 10+ years the idea has been out there.

I would be more convinced by seeing a real load doing real work. For all we know, these guys were just pumping current through welding cables.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 15, 2014 09:04PM

it's perpetual motion yet again.

Another mormon MLM in the making.

Posted by: Davo ( )
Date: March 16, 2014 02:09AM

What is "perpetual".
What does the word mean?
Something that moves via it's own momentum, maybe in concert with other objects for an hour? For a day? A week? A year? 10 years? 100 years? A thousand years?
How about 14.5 billion years? Is that long enough to be considered "perpetual"?
Aren't we living in a "perpetual motion" machine called a Solar System? (Isn't Mother Nature demonstrating to us that it c a n be done?)

Yeah. It will end one day perhaps in another 5 billion years--hence my question.

Besides, who the hell wants to lock horns with a 2 trillion dollar a year fossil fuel/energy consortium which has managed to convince the majority that any other way is insane.

I see things a little differently.
I see the world's current energy monopoly occupying a similar position as Mormonism does, with all the money and all the power, and anyone who dares challenge or question that monolith is seen as "The Enemy"--(Tom Philips/2 Brazilian inventors and hundreds of other "anti-status quo" whackos before them) as worthy of "killing this story NOW".

I wish those Brazilian nuts all the best.
And...don't forget who brought us bikini-wax.
That's right! Brazil!
They can't be ALL bad...;)

Date: March 16, 2014 02:13AM

Posted by: Moxilicious ( )
Date: March 16, 2014 12:18PM

Perpetual is forever and unending. So it isn't an hour or a week, but by definition, the remainder of all future time.
And no, we do not live in a perpetual motion machine. The solar system is itself grinding down, with the earth losing minuscule amounts of energy through gravity waves with each orbit. If not consumed by the sun, it will eventually spiral into the sun should the earth's atoms not decay first.
Also, let's assume someone makes a perpetual motion device with no friction, no loss of heat, completely sealed off from the universe. The moment we put a load on this device, its energy will fall and the device must slow to an eventual stop.
This isn't so much about big energy as it is about physics.

Date: March 15, 2014 09:06PM

those "inventors" must have read Atlas Shrugged.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: March 15, 2014 09:10PM

How many times have we been told about an amazing device (carburator, in the old days, cylinder arrangement more recently, and let's not forget miracle fuel additives!) which would give cars 80-100 mpg. Except the evil treacherous oil companies bought the patent! Or killed the inventor!

Or something.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: March 16, 2014 12:43PM

Right. LIke Gillette buying the patent for the razor blade that never gets dull and burying it.

Ana

Posted by: Still Browsin' ( )
Date: March 15, 2014 09:18PM

"arrested for fraud"

"stolen equipment"

"free energy" ha!

"released on bail"

and the best yet,

"They are presently only offering the device to people who live in the city of Imperatriz."

Sorry guys, this earth saving device is only available to people with a limited education unlikely to possess skills necessary to calculate the cost/consumption ratio of the power meter attached to the side of their home. Reading the article gave me a very "Joseph Smith" sort of feel. Anybody else?

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 15, 2014 10:05PM

Brazil's greatest contribution to the world is nuts.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 15, 2014 10:38PM

Ex Nihil, Nihil Fit

Date: March 15, 2014 10:39PM

And I'm nuts about bossa nova.

Blame it on that.

Plus 2/3 of the world's cuppa Joe is from brasil.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 15, 2014 10:59PM

I forgot about the Java. Go nuts, Brazil! Blame it on Rio.

Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: March 15, 2014 11:58PM

not claiming fraud but not investing on the thing either. i guess time will tell and ..of course, we are waiting to see the results. if it works, it works. if it doesn't, at least they are trying -assuming they are descent people here.

if people are making fun of them, maybe they have better inventions and ideas to show the world..let us see what they got and let the world be the judge. shrug.

Date: March 16, 2014 02:16AM

I'm workin with neg-entropy at the moment.

Stay tuned. :o)

Posted by: SpeedoTorpedo ( )
Date: March 16, 2014 12:06PM

This is pure rubbish.

Posted by: Moxilicious ( )
Date: March 16, 2014 12:30PM

I will believe this when it appears in Reviews of Modern Physics rather than "www.earth-heal.com". Real science is confirmed by the peer-reviewed publication of findings, not by press release.

Posted by: Bradley ( )
Date: March 16, 2014 01:27PM

Peer review by definition suppresses any science that rocks the boat. Big science can't tolerate threats to its gravy train. It's a lot like TSCC in that respect.

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: March 16, 2014 02:29PM

I'm not sure you understand what peer review means. If someone can demonstrate a real new innovation or observation, then it has to be repeatable. The innovators would give a few copies of his invention out to people with the equipment to test whether they are actually producing any power in a controlled setting. Or, better yet, release the schematic of their invention to a handful of qualified electrical engineers, who would build their own, and see whether or not the whole procedure works. Then they would publish these findings along with the inventor's findings, if it all amounted to anything.

Peer review's only purpose is to make sure what is being published is repeatable. If the inventor's product apparently produces power, while everyone else's doesn't. Then they have to conclude its either a trick, a faulty reading, or a fluke. Not a useful new technology. If, on the other hand, the product proved successful, and many scientists get results that confirm it, physics journals would be fighting among themselves over who gets to break the news first! Science LOVES new stuff! And if this technology were real, it would revolutionize our understanding of the laws of thermodynamics.

Date: March 16, 2014 12:32PM

Nilson Barbosa and Cleriston Leal are the new Fleischmann and Pons .

Date: March 16, 2014 12:42PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
> Nilson Barbosa and Cleriston Leal are the new
> Fleischmann and Pons .

Don't forget Dr Jones, late of BYU. No not that Dr Jones, Indiana's uncle. He was attached to the UoU project actually and didn't feel ready to publish but P & F went full steam ahead and jumped the shark in their little beaker of heavy water.

Poor ole Jones was ok until someone sent him a chunk of 911 trade tower steel. Put out to pasture posthaste for his perfidy over all that.

Date: March 16, 2014 01:33PM

Thanks for the info about Jones. I wasn't aware of him.

I just wanted to strangle Fleischmann and Pons back then.

Maybe I still do.

And don't get me started on 9/11 WTC steel.

I worked in a steel mill for years and those Conspiracy theorists are yet more people who I want to strangle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2014 01:35PM by Dave the Atheist.

Date: March 16, 2014 01:46PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
> Thanks for the info about Jones. I wasn't aware of
> him.
>
> I just wanted to strangle Fleischmann and Pons
> back then.
>
> Maybe I still do.
>
> And don't get me started on 9/11 WTC steel.
>
> I worked in a steel mill for years and those
> Conspiracy theorists are yet more people who I
> want to strangle.

I'm guessing you're talking about Geneva old timer?

Date: March 16, 2014 02:29PM

Date: March 16, 2014 12:37PM

I wonder how many gullible people will be scammed by these scammers.

You simply cannot violate the laws of physics .

I love the way the woo woo website proclaims that it "looks legit".

Maybe I can get a class 4 Hoffman box and build my own.

And WTF is an "energy meter", anyway ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2014 01:03PM by Dave the Atheist.

Date: March 16, 2014 02:24PM

Why would they "fake" it ?

They would be found out after selling one unit .

Or as someone else put it....

....it's a fake in that it doesn't capture any free energy. it's "free to you", because you're inserting a parasitic load behind your neighbors load. your neighbor is paying for that extra load. if your neighbor is running at max load for his wiring, you can also burn his house down. it's a system that would be great for powering an office or an apartment (in that you have multiple single line, single phase loads, these loads build the potential in the ground plane). i could demo the machine in ANY building with operating loads of single line single phase variety. so long as i measure load wattage at the wall plug source for the primary winding, it looks "over unity". but hook your measuring device to the line service entering the building, and you see the load (and a fraction of it as additional load on any operating single line single phase circuit). if it becomes popular, it's gonna burn down a lot of favellas. weed houses in NYC used a similar gimmick way back in the 90s, and lots of those set fire to the neighborhood.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.