Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: php ( )
Date: February 23, 2011 03:06AM

I got a kick out of this Utah ward blog. Read the small post at http://spanishfork401stward.blogspot.com titled "Re-enact the cursing of Laman and Lemuel"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: February 23, 2011 01:10PM

Awesome - I sent the link to my TBM family and told them I want the light and dark Laman for my birthday. I said I will set them upon my desk and use them to trigger gospel discussions about the nature of race, sin, and valiance in the pre-existence.

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: February 23, 2011 01:51PM

Posted by: derrida ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 09:37PM

The dark skinned Laman action figure right below the light skinned Laman, with dark skinned Lemuel and light skinned Lemuel below them.

http://lehi.com/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=lvp4m6mh2de1jlub440pssv651.

Share it wide and deep.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 04:15PM

Get these action figures if you can --keep them safe because they will be collector's items -- you know they will be discontinued once the Mormons go "duuuhhh -- this is racist?? Well, I'll be...I guess it is!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2012 04:15PM by canadianfriend.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 09:39PM

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 09:49PM

Where's the dark skin Ammon? Oh, I forgot. Malibu Ammon was white because he was righteous.

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: April 06, 2012 02:22AM

I did a post about it on FB and sure enough, the TBM's jumped on it. A picture says more that a thousand words...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=240399039391343&set=a.151296041634977.30578.149499768481271&type=1

If you can, please like my page so I can access the Insights app - just need 3 more page likes.

Posted by: derrida ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 03:18PM

Liked it!

Date: April 07, 2012 04:14PM

Thanks!

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 06:52PM

Date: April 09, 2012 11:31PM

Thank you. You can also install an inline translation app, although that probably won't help you understand the rantings of the TBM's. Some of them go on and on...

Posted by: luminouswatcher ( )
Date: April 10, 2012 12:36AM

You are missing:

In 1960, LDS Church apostle Spencer W. Kimball suggested that the skin of Latter-day Saint Native Americans was gradually turning lighter:

I saw a striking contrast in the progress of the Indian people today .... The day of the Lamanites is nigh. For years they have been growing delightsome, and they are now becoming white and delightsome, as they were promised. In this picture of the twenty Lamanite missionaries, fifteen of the twenty were as light as Anglos, five were darker but equally delightsome. The children in the home placement program in Utah are often lighter than their brothers and sisters in the hogans on the reservation. At one meeting a father and mother and their sixteen-year-old daughter we represent, the little member girl—sixteen—sitting between the dark father and mother, and it was evident she was several shades lighter than her parents—on the same reservation, in the same hogan, subject to the same sun and wind and weather.... These young members of the Church are changing to whiteness and to delightsomeness. One white elder jokingly said that he and his companion were donating blood regularly to the hospital in the hope that the process might be accelerated.[25]

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: April 06, 2012 02:32AM

Anyone remember the GI Joe action figures from the 80s. One of the bad guys used to change color when you exposed him to light. They should do that with the Laman and Lemuel figures.

Posted by: Ducking Moles ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 03:55PM

I'll go with the dark-skinned ones. They get to wear colored clothing instead of just browns.

Date: April 07, 2012 04:23PM

Hey, they have a lot of cool stuff. Check out the missionary action figures and the "Young Love 1836 Joseph" bust.
Are these folks for real?

Posted by: Tall Man, Short Hair ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 09:56PM

We've got another thread going on this, but the Native American community has picked up on this and there may be more fallout to come. Here's an article from a NA news website: http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2012/04/06/mormon-action-figures-depict-indians-er-lamanites-106890

Posted by: Tall Man, Short Hair ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 06:00PM

Yes, thankfully, the dark skinned Laman and Lemuel action figures went back into hiding again this weekend. They have been removed from the Latter Day Designs website (www.lehi.com) It seems all it took was a brief mention from an American Indian group (which their site shows was shared over 500 times on Facebook).

But don't despair. I'm sure they'll be back in time for Christmas. And we'll be waiting!

Posted by: me ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 06:06PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2012 06:06PM by me.

Date: April 09, 2012 11:23PM

CNN --- Wolf....Anderson.....Soledad?? We got something for you.
Any takers?

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 11:34PM

So what you are saying is that if we have any dark skinned ones left from our TBM days, hold on to them because they will be worth a lot of money someday?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.