Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nomomomo ( )
Date: October 11, 2010 10:59AM

So I live in the Morridor, and we live directly across from the park. So my kid had a friend over, and another couple friends, and they started playing football at the park while everyone else was walking or driving to church.

I went to go shopping-yes, I love to shop on Sunday, so nice an quiet!! and I see some guy in church clothes playing ball, and when I got closer I saw the other guy, and they were the local mishies, playing football with the heathens on Sunday!! I called my ex who was home, and he was like, "what do you want me to do about it?" I didn't care too much, it was just so funny!! Now, my kid is 13, and the one friend is not LDS either, but the other two were I think, but obviously not active.

When I got home, the kids weren't there, but a phamplet was. I was like, oh shit. So I read it, it made me mad, and I showed my ex. I asked the kids when they got back from the Maverik what happened.

They said "they tried to convert us". Uh huh. These kids also, thank goodness, told them we lived in a differnt house on the other side of the park.....naughty I know, but also smart. The mishies said they might stop by sometime. I don't even know what I would say or do. Been there, done that?

I didn't know mishies could play ball on Sunday. I guess since everyone else is mo they got nothin better to do around here. I don't care if my son goes to activities with friends, but he never does, but I sure as hell don't want him to get the mish lessons. The pamplet even made ME feel guilty, and I am as good as they come ;)!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: maria ( )
Date: October 11, 2010 11:12AM

It's disgusting how mormons frequently target minors without parental involvement/knowledge.

I saw it a lot growing up.

Posted by: dr5 ( )
Date: October 11, 2010 12:05PM

I have an acquaintance who moved to SLC. Instead of shunning her and her two young boys, the TBM neighbors became very, very friendly, especially to the boys. Free babysitting and the whole shebang.

I tried to tell her, but she had to figure it out on her own. They were absolutely trying to convert the boys without her knowledge or permission.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.