Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dr5 ( )
Date: October 11, 2010 12:47PM

Just wondering since the lower-downs are expected to volunteer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Zeno Lorea ( )
Date: October 11, 2010 02:11PM

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 11, 2010 02:43PM

I'm pretty sure they sign confidentiality agreements and never share that kind of info. It's not published.
Might be able to get close though.

There are some folks that have made some guesstimates.
CES (Church Educational System) employees are paid - those are the Seminiary and Institute directors and teachers. Some only get a small Stipend though.

Beehive Clothing Mills employees that make the garments and other items are paid a salary, I am told. They used to be paid by "piece" work but I think, that may have been discontinued.
The top GA's are the CEO's and probably get a nice package.
The 195 Seventies in six quorums are middle management and are paid probably receive a decent package.

Anyone from the Stake level down are non-paid clergy.

Date: October 11, 2010 03:19PM

So do the General Relief Society and Primary Presidents get paid even though they are female?

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 11, 2010 04:29PM

dr5 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So do the General Relief Society and Primary
> Presidents get paid even though they are female?

As long as they are employees, yes. There are many, many female employees of the LDS Church in many areas, depts, including CES secretaries, etc. They are paid --- as I recall from checks that say: Corporation of the President.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 11, 2010 03:24PM

Do you honestly think they would let us know? When was the last time the church gave the members a detailed Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Statement of Owners equity? The church could be leveraged to the gills and the members wouldn't know it or the money could be going to a private offshore account. Heck if Thomas S. Monson wanted to empty the accounts and buy his own island somewhere he legally could do it because legally all the church assets are his under the corporate charter of the church.

So basically if you give anything to the church you are just giving your hard earned money to the current prophet who probably doesn't need it anyways.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: October 11, 2010 03:55PM

The church compares favorably to an MLM.

The bottom tier gets nothing and pays in the vast amount of the income.

The middle tiers starts to see a small profit.

The guys at the top are laughing their heads off. It isn't about salary. They have private jets at their disposal, body guards, private vacation lodges, and limitless credit cards. They can give all their friends and family jobs, and arrange limitless business for their friends.

I'm not convinced the leaders are the ones raking it in, however. All the real estate development leads me to think that there are a few other people somewhere who have gotten themselves a spigot on the tithing barrel.

There is a reason they don't publish finances.

Date: October 11, 2010 07:35PM

Seriously, no one has any idea how much? In an organization that rakes in billions a year?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.