Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: October 11, 2010 09:50PM

or how to write it?

I wrote about the abuse to a point, without covering the consequences of what this person did, and it was over 50 pages. It is difficult for me to be focused, and keep such a painful event to a few pages. Years ago I wrote an affidavit about child abuse, but that was easier, because I had an attorney’s help. The 50 pages took years, because I would cry every time, and be unable to finish.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fallenangelblue ( )
Date: October 12, 2010 12:09AM

I talked to the bishop of my siblings a few years ago and told him about my mother abusing the younger children. I also warned him that she lies about it, blames it on other people, tells terrible stories (lies) about the children themselves, and refuses to take responsibility for her actions. He said that he received a similar report from someone else but considered that person to be unreliable. That person was the childrens' father! The only reason he considered him unreliable is because he was no longer attending church. Anyway, I wrote asking him to take action. He disregarded my feelings on the subject and wrote back telling me that unless he saw something happen with his own eyes, the "church lawyers told him to stay out of it."

How's that for protecting the family?

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.