Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: An_Engineer ( )
Date: October 06, 2010 12:54AM

So much more to say, but I have a long discussion to attend to.

The CJTC ( see Weeds for reference ) known as 'StateofFear' and 'Mrs Lingo' recommended Evergreen for an 8 year old for whom the mom thought may be gay.

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a24577753/scary_question_to_ask.?cpg=5&csi=2220676697&pd=1

I've been out too long, but this gal - despite being close to 30 - is the most perfect combination of ignorant and sanctimonious that I've ever seen. Based on posts over the course of a few years she stopped college after a year to a year and a half. Still touts her course work as though a class equates to a Masters. Much smarter than the experts because she researches alternatives to the conventional wisdom. I think this approach is actually valuable; I've found really solid proof of "Intellegent falling" to counter the liberal view of gravity.

Much appreciation to that forum however, it gave me an understanding for how much my wife's church experience sucked, and it also showed her proof of how useless the "women's community" was.

I feel terrible for the supportive women and men who cannot reconcile the teachings to the facts on the ground. And in the thread there are several wonderful posts by people that, IMO, may hit a circumstance that will flip the switch. Sadly though, the Packer mentality is upheld and touted by so many.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: DebbiePA ( )
Date: October 06, 2010 01:18AM

I love the ones that answer the question, "Does anybody know a feminine man who is straight?" For example: "Yes I know of several straight but very effeminate men. They are very soft, kind of bouncy, the way they stand, the way they walk, the way they talk, it all points to gay but nope, not so. One of them is extremely into music and composing."

So how does she know for sure if these guys are straight? I'm not saying they aren't but how does one know for SURE?? Many, many gay men have lived in the closet, seemingly happily married with children. Some live their whole lives like that, others break at some point, and go on to live genuine lives as a gay man. The thing is, nobody knows for sure what's in another person's heart, and I would be willing to bet that at least a few of the feminine fellows that some of these posters are soooo sure are straight, are really just not out of the closet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.