Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 05:57PM

I'm on the way to the post office to mail my letter.

Here it is:

To whom it may concern:
This letter will serve as my official resignation from the Mormon Church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) effective today, October 5, 2010.
As of the signing of this letter your church will not have my consent to consider me a member, being subject to church “rules”, policies, beliefs and or discipline. I request that my name be permanently and completely stricken and removed from the membership records of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
This issue has been a long time in coming. I have come to my decision after many years of thought, reason and contemplation. I have reviewed the CHI and do understand that my resignation has cancelled any effect of baptism, confirmation, has withdrawn my priesthood power and has revoked any and all temple blessings.
Please feel free to take all the time necessary to complete whatever processes you desire, as my membership ended when I signed my name to this page.
I left the Mormon Church about 10 years ago due to a laundry list of issues, far too numerous to go into in this letter. The reason you have received this letter today is because of your leader Boyd Packer’s speech at your most recent conference. I cannot in good conscience have my name associated in any way with such an organization.
Sincerely,

I am going to drop off a copy to the local bishop man's house and he'll get one in the mail as well.

I never really thought the need to send in a formal resignation letter until dipshit Boyd got to talking this weekend.

I'm really done with these people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sayhitokolob4me ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 06:10PM

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: October 06, 2010 08:29AM

Don't "request" that your name be removed, "DEMAND" it. Tell them something like "Do it NOW or you'll hear about it in the press and from my attorney."

Posted by: kilgore ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 06:52PM

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 07:34PM

A signed resignation that you never send doesn't count.

However, close enough for government work, as they say. Congrats on your new "Independence Day" 10/5/10, or 5/10/2010 in mo-speak

Too bad I already resigned. Maybe I can do a proxy resignation for and in behalf of some relative of mine, who is dead. That should cause a minor WTF moment over at Mo Central Receiving :))

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 09:34PM

Good idea. I think I'll proxy-author anti-mormon literature for some of my relatives, who are dead.

Posted by: The exmo formerly known as Br. Vreeland ( )
Date: October 06, 2010 05:42AM

I can spend a few minutes every day sending them another letter with some dead guy's name on it. Say that I was baptized in his stead and I'd like to have that ordinance revoked. With up to 20 at a time that could keep me busy for a while. And them too.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 08:59PM

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 09:35PM

Oh, and it's dumb as dirt that we have to resign from a church.

Anyway, enjoy your July 4th/Oct 5th!

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 10:49PM

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: October 06, 2010 08:15AM

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 06, 2010 10:00AM

Congratulations....you must be walking with your head held high. No one should continue on with any organization that spouts such drivel and demands the members all agree. Also no sane person would ever think keeping nonmormons from a family wedding (in the Temple) would be okay in the eyes of God. They really have many screws loose. I am happy for you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.