Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kilgore ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 06:45PM

When I first heard about the hateful things in Packer's talk, my first thought was that it sounded a lot like Ted Haggard and so many others who "protest too much" and are self-loathing closet cases themselves. But then I realized that homosexuality is only the most recent in a long list of perceived enemies that Packer has attacked vehemently over the decades. I know longer think he's bitter because deep down he's gay. I think he's just an angry, bitter man and am amazed that it is his job to run a so-called Christian organization.

I don't think he fought interracial marriage because deep down he wanted to marry a black woman. I'm pretty sure he's not a closet feminist. And I'm even more certain that he's NOT a closet intellectual.

Why does this guys always feel like he has to be AGAINST something? None of these other perceived threats knocked down his empire. Why should this one be any different?

How sad it must be to have lived so many decades in abject fear. And how sad that to deal with this fear he has to lash out at others who mean him no harm.

He may not be gay, but he's one of the biggest losers I've ever witnessed. The fact that the other leaders of the church keep him around shows what a joke they all are.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 06:57PM

To toss him out would call into question the sacred practice of letting longevity decide who the next profit will be.

I know, I know, the church has already abandoned lots of other doctrines so why not this one... right? I dunno.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: October 06, 2010 03:04AM

what profit chose this asshat?

Which of God's chosen selected this dipshit to be an apostle?

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 07:01PM

It is their very raison d'etre.

Frankly, I think all conservative movements - religious or not - share the same kind of thinking from what I've observed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2010 07:01PM by helamonster.

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 07:05PM

I don't know whether he's gay or not--statistically, you'd think there might be one or two gay apostles!?!?!? But one thing is for sure: HE IS A FREAKING PUBLIC RELATIONS NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: October 06, 2010 10:05AM

I've been getting acquainted with dementia the last few years. Apparently it takes character weaknesses and magnifies them.

If you're always worried someone might steal your stuff, you'll accuse everyone around you of wanting your things. It didn't matter to my family member that NOBODY wanted their tired old things, to them they were as new as the day they bought them; thirty/forty years ago.

So to watch KKPs ravings you wonder if he is not just the snobby rat he has always been, or if nature has turned-up-the-volume so to speak by giving him dementia?

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: October 06, 2010 11:39AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.