Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: libros ( )
Date: October 06, 2010 12:20AM

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet or not, but Matt Stone and Trey Parker (the "South Park" creators) have created "The Book of Mormon: A Musical Comedy" that will be debuting on Broadway in about 6 months or so (http://www.southparkstudios.com/news/359260/the-book-of-mormon-press-release).

Based on their "All About Mormons?" episode (and their treatment of the morg in "Orgasmo" and "Cannibal! The Musical") I'm already stashing away cash to make a trip out to see it.

Have any of you guys here heard about it or know any of the particulars?

Given the recent string of terrible PR (which, in truth, terrible PR for the morg is simply the truth slipping out past their propaganda filters) I'm curious to see if there will be any type of official LDS response.

It's a shame that NYC is about 5 hrs. away from Palmyra. That might give it a little more exposure to those on the Hill Cumorah Pageant pilgrimage.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: I believed this once, years ago.. ( )
Date: October 06, 2010 03:10PM

I had a smile on my face all day when I heard about this project. I hope it is a big success, and tours around the country.

Please report on your experience when you come back from New York!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.