Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: October 06, 2010 07:03PM

News about the upcoming protest:

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story/Hundreds-expected-to-protest-LDS-Church-leaders/m2aSXlQv-keu0q8LzZ1Vmg.cspx

The protest hasn't even happened yet and we are getting our message out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 06, 2010 07:47PM

That is what it comes down to--the children. BKP will never change. We have to worry about the children.

I have probably said this before, but I have come to completely accept that my ex is gay and that he will be okay (I worried endlessly about how lonely he might end up being), but I still had a difficult time thinking about if one of my children was gay. Then I read about the father of 2 gay sons (over on postmo) and he talked about going to the wedding of his oldest gay son and I realized ALL I WANT for my children is for them to be happy, to be able to find someone to love.

As a lesbian friend of mine told me--it isn't about whether you fall in love with a female or a male, it isn't about gay or straight, it is about who you connect to, who you fall in love with. That is how it should be.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.