Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 07:12PM

I do...and I find it very liberating, it's symbolic. Once your mind is set free, your mouth follows. Of course I don't cuss around just everyone, but I no longer am inhibited about saying what I want to say, and if it involves cuss words, so be it. And I mean the full repertoire. And you know what? My inhibited controlling church can GO TO HELL.

Ahhh, feels good! :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2011 07:17PM by lostinutah.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 07:17PM

Oh yeah... I like all cuss words and use them very liberally. I don't believe in "bad words".

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 07:18PM

I was a sailor,,and talk like one.

Posted by: Sorcha ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 07:18PM

Fuck yes.

Date: March 03, 2011 07:19PM

ROTFLMAO!!! Both at you and unworthy.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 07:19PM

Yeah, I do. It's like I'm making up for 3 decades of holding it in when I wanted to let a good word rip. LOL

Posted by: rallychild ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 07:21PM

I've had a filthy mouth ever since 9th grade...

Posted by: Searching27 ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 07:23PM

Posted by: fallenangela ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 07:30PM

was prone to swearing. I love to swear, but I *try* to choose my audience wisely.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 07:48PM

Frequently, even when I was TBM, I still had a filthy mouth at times, but I did control it when I was around Mormons because I knew it would offend them. The exception was my ex-husband as he could also swear like a fucking sailor.

Posted by: Rebecca ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 07:50PM

"Fuckity fuck fuck" only gets you so far. Sometimes, its far funnier to describe in great detail why someone is a low life scum bag.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 07:55PM

I never cussed before I went to BYU - I wanted to set a good example for my non-LDS friends and family. But at BYU, there was a certain "wink, wink" attitude. Like "You don't have to impress up - we all cuss too." I cleaned it up after I left, that "set a good example" pressure again, but then started swearing on my mission. Once I moved to Utah to get married, the whole system went to pot and just swear now and then, no matter who is listening. But like a sailor ... just when DH and I used to fight a lot. In fact, he said he could tell my family had been a big Navy family for generations. Not everyone made a career out of it, but all the men did their time in the Navy when young.

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 08:12PM

I do but not often.

Such words are very useful but if overused loose thair strength and power and ability to relese pent up stress.

Date: March 03, 2011 08:15PM

You're right. When I get REALLY mad I usually have to invent a few new words.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 08:14PM

Because that wouldn't be fucking classy now would it?

Date: March 03, 2011 08:17PM

Ha, like big flying lizards know about class.

Hey, Raptor, did you know there's a street in Fruita, Colorado named after you? Raptor Way. Seriously, and it's a classy street. Goes right by the dino museum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2011 08:17PM by lostinutah.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 08:24PM

Date: March 03, 2011 08:26PM

Roamed?

<snort>

you guys flew around everywhere, no making it sound all tough and romantic like you were part of that "When dinosurs walked the earth" thing.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 08:19PM

for driving purposes...
fuck you you fucking fuck!! :)
or Fyyff for short! :) pernounced like Fuff!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2011 08:20PM by bignevermo.

Posted by: emanon ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 10:02PM

I have a feeling in my bones that as soon as the last one leaves the nest I'll be back to my old ways.

Posted by: possiblypagan ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 10:07PM

And when I do, it's quite effective. And I don't care what they say, most men aren't that fond of potty-mouthed women (at least in public situations...).

It's more fun to make words up anyway, use lots of consonants.

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 10:07PM

Profanity is one of my specialties. I've learned a thing or two from Deb on Dexter. I'm in awe of her. That bitch can curse.

I do tone it down when I'm in the Bluegrass/Old Time scene-- folks there tend to be more conservative in that regard.

When I'm among my Irish and Scottish music friends, I'm mild in comparison.

In the philosophy crowd, I'm also fairly well-behaved. It takes a lot to get me to say "fuck" on school property. Not sure why.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 10:34PM

Before or after the hammer hit my thumb????

I can really go off at asshats in traffic who cut me off.... you know the one in the big fat suv or 4 x 4 king cab truck who hurry up to get in front of you (and there was NO ONE behind you) only to turn off to the right about two blocks later.... and I'm going the speed limit or two miles over!!! My Gawd they really pissssssssst me off!

Cussing as a general every other word, no.

Lewd or crude jokes when extremely stressed? Yes! Came into a hospital with a severe injury one time and had the nurses laughing in spite of them selves.... my humor gets very pithy under pressure!

My grand father was a mechanic with interesting phrases: this is as hard as the back of Jesus head! was the one he popped off around the Methodists church members my Dad belonged to and mortified him! Dad had had to learn not to say G... this and damn that when he went off to college. I could just see my Grand Dad saying when surprised "The hell you say??"

Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: March 03, 2011 11:57PM

As a TBM, my use of "hell", and "damn" disturbed some people so much they felt compelled to lecture me, but I considered that nothing compared to what I grew up hearing. It does not bother me in music.

Words are words, but the real obscenity is the fraud of TSCC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2011 11:57PM by atheist&happy:-).

Posted by: libby ( )
Date: March 04, 2011 12:39AM

Do you beat your kids, If not, why not?

Do you cheat on your taxes, If not, why not?

Do you kick your cat, If not, why not?

seriously, what a bizarre way to ask a question.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: March 04, 2011 12:45AM

Many years ago, way before I was even a wag in my daddydog's tail, it was.

She and my dad were at this getting-2-know-you phase. Talkin about stuff, and so one day they got to talkin about words and such, and dad goes in this prissy-guy voice: "I don't like it when ladies cuss."

Well, my mom was gettin to like this fella, but she blurted, "No shit?"

Well, this is it, she thinks, I may have lost him forever, but I gotta be me.

He stared at her like she done turned green, and then he started to laugh. He literally rolled off his seat he was laughing so hard. Then he hugged her. And that was it.

All these years later and they both got the pottiest of mouths, I mean they don't use Listerine, they use Sani-flush! (Ba-dum-BUM!)

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 04, 2011 01:21AM

when I know real actual words ?

Posted by: goin ta hail ( )
Date: March 04, 2011 01:24AM

This is why I love this board. This is really a subject that hits home. Since I got out of Mormondum, I cuss like a sailor regularly. Some people say that it shows you have a limited vocabulary, intelligence, etc., but I beg to differ. I've found that it is an extremely effective and expressive way to get your point across in a snap. I even cuss out loud when I'm alone. Of course, a person can't cuss with abandon in just any company. The real hard part for me is not saying goddammit when I shouldn't. It's all Cartman's fault.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: March 04, 2011 01:35AM

Road rage gives us just a bit of an edge over the nautical sorts, but they are definitely artists as well...

Of course that only applies to cabbies for whom English is their native language...

Years ago out at the airport, I watched two airport players get into verbal fisticuffs with each other. They came from countries with different languages, so English had to be their weapon of choice...

Here's what I heard...

"F**k you!"

"Oh yeah! Well f**k you!"

"No! You... you... you f**k you!"

"Ummm... uhhh... No! You f**k you!"

"No! No! You f**k you!"

Well, maybe you had to be there...

Posted by: transplant in texas ( )
Date: March 04, 2011 01:36AM

all curse words essentially are is a certain group of words that a particular culture has collectively decided are "bad"

i dont have too much of a problem with swearing but there is a time and a place..

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.