Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rambo ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 11:34AM

The other day I went to my friends future in-laws house for dinner. I am going to be the MC at the wedding and we planned some things for the wedding after dinner. Anyways, my friend lives about 40 min away on the other side of the city and he doesn't know I don't go to church anymore because he is not in my ward and I have not told him. He gets married in a month so I am still debating if I should tell him or not plus I don't think he would find out for a long time because he is not really friends with any of my friends. I think he actually feels really close to me because I helped re-activate him. I am kicking myself for it now but I am glad I was able to get to know him.

So while we were at the dinner table the future father in-law asked me if the church is still true on your side of the city. I said nope I don't think it is true there and then I kind of laughed afterwards. It got a little awkward after that because no one else laughed. The funny thing is they can joke intially about it but then when you play along they almost got offended.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nonmo ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 12:02PM

"So while we were at the dinner table the future father in-law asked me if the church is still true on your side of the city. I said nope I don't think it is true there and then I kind of laughed afterwards. It got a little awkward after that because no one else laughed. The funny thing is they can joke intially about it but then when you play along they almost got offended."

Soooooo...after going to church as a kid, hearing the church is true, going to seminary, learning the the church is true, and going as a young adult, repeating ad nauseum, that the church is true, some mormons HAVE to reaffirm this at the dinner table when not at a church function???

So their faith REALLY is that weak, that they have to reaffrim its truth...ALL THE TIME!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.