Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 06:40PM

did you turn your own spouse in? or... do you know someone who did?

If so, what I really would like to know is: Did this ever have a positive outcome?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Martin Luther ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 06:47PM

I put my mission papers in to the stake president. And one of my coworkers heard that i did not "respect the sacredness of the GA's" or that it scares the sh*t out of me that everyone blindly obeys without question. So he called me in, and lectured me harshly about being mature and to not mock sacred things. And he said i had to meet with my bishop to talk more about my feelings in order for him to submit my papers.

Posted by: coventryrm ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 06:53PM

My Ex found out I had gone to a titty bar and I fessed to Masturbation and she made me go talk to the Bish.

Posted by: Duder ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 06:54PM

When I told my ex that I had been drinking heavily without her knowledge, she went to the bishop. He was anxious to meet with me shortly thereafter.

Three or four years later, when she told me she was certain God had told her to divorce me, I asked her if she had discussed it with the bishop. She told that she hadn't because she knew he would tell her not to get divorced.

In some respects, it's been very easy to sever my ties with the church and my ex-wife.

Posted by: libby ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 07:13PM

For suntanning without wearing my garments

Actually called in to explain why I was sitting out in a swimming suit in my own gd backyard!

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 11:05PM

wow this is crazy ridiculous!!!!! I sunbathe topless in my backyard. guess i'm going to hell

Posted by: Truth Without Fear ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 07:55PM

Yup, my ex. told me I "owed it to her" to talk to the Bishop when I told her the marriage was over. I had shown her reams of evidence that the church was B.S. (that she ignored) months before. I taked to the Bishop. It didn't change anything.

Posted by: Summer ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 11:48PM

...that would be the ultimate disloyalty to one's spouse.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: October 30, 2010 12:13AM

... I lack experience on this topic and therefore was interested to learn about other people's experiences. Would ANYONE say, "My spouse turned me in but eventually, we worked it out and our marriage improved because of this"?

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: October 30, 2010 12:22AM

A TBM family friend turned her 16yo son in to their bishop for kissing a girl. Nothing else happened, yet the bish forbid him to take the sacrament for a month.

I told her she was nuts and so was the bish, but what do I know LOL.

Predictably, on his 18th birthday the kid moved out and in with his nevermo girlfriend's parents.They love him.

Posted by: rgrraymond ( )
Date: October 30, 2010 01:01AM

When my ex wife and I were planning on splitting up because I am gay she told the Bishop about me.
They had me exed faster then flies on fresh shit.

Posted by: Nick Humphrey ( )
Date: October 30, 2010 05:34AM

my wife told the bishop that i played the lottery and he told her that that was wrong.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.