Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wellsville ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 12:42PM

By desirable - I am assuming LDS are looking for whites who have money or financially well off would be the 1st choice for LDS or any communities/countries worldwide that are well off - is the LDS making inroads with converting with these people.

The impression I get here is that the LDS only convert the folks looking for friends, needing assistance or folks who marry LDS

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: March 28, 2011 12:47PM

I have only seen two families join the TSCC in my 40 years of life. One family approx 20 yrs ago, the parents are very TBM, and 2 of the 5 kids are TBM. The most recent family (approx 10 yrs ago) is disinterested but attends approx 25-30% of the time.

The current ward has never had a family join in its 30 yr history. The last 6 converts (since 2004) were all single, poor, less educated. Only one is still attending, she was baptized approx 6 months ago, and one has already resigned from the church (she sent two letters, one to resign and one to say "don't do temple work for my family").

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.