Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nomilk ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 01:40PM

Another thread prompted me to create this one.

There is nothing modest about loose boxer shorts that how even under the baggiest of slacks.

There is nothing modest about a wide neckline so loose it keeps slipping off your shoulders.

There is nothing modest about a top that is so short it rides up if you lift you arms.

The little lace edging, that just itches and curls, no no modest.

Men's garments are at least a approximation for average old style t shirts and boxers.

If I were to wear garments I'd rather wear something that
didn't feel like they were in danger of sliding off if I moved.

I swear Eventually I will sell my unused ones on ebay.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 01:42PM

Posted by: nalicea ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 01:43PM

They are horrific. I am so glad to be rid of them.

Posted by: monomore ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 02:21PM

Threw mine out for good in the garbage a few months after leaving. SSsssshhhhh! I didn't even cut off the symbols sewn in them. oooohhhhhh! Now I'm sure some garbage man saw them and who knows what torture or mind olympics he's been forced to go through since seeing the secret symbols!

What was the crazy reasoning behind having to cut off the symbols anyway? What was supposed to happen if you didn't?

Posted by: flyfisher ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 02:47PM

I just threw mine out a few days ago. I was clean out my dresser and wanted room for other things! Like monomore I just threw em away. No cutting out of marks just in the bag and out to the road!

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: May 22, 2011 04:40PM

I just threw mine away too - that was actually a really liberating moment for me. To show that I no longer believed in their hocus pocus nor did I fear the consequences of their silly rules. I actually loved throwing them in the trash without properly dealing with them.

And, any woman with a large bust knows that those scoop necked garment tops get pulled down by large breasts. You can wear really low cut shirts with your garments on. It sorta made up for the no-tank top rules. And if your legs were long enough (mine weren't but all my DH's sisters' legs were) you could wear regular shorts with them, providing you bought the petite garments. I also knew a girl on my mission who wore the ankle length garments with heavy tights and a mini-skirt and got away with being "immodest" that way. And another friend took her garments off every year for her anniversary and wore a really sexy outfit on her date with her husband. She figured God would understand her putting her husband first once a year.

Posted by: nalicea ( )
Date: May 23, 2011 02:53AM

Twice, once in Idaho and once in Utah, I have seen garments scattered on the Highway. Mine are all in a bag and I am still tempted to do the same thing that I have witnessed on the Highway these two times. Even if it is just a few of them that I scatter to the wind... This area (southeastern Idaho) is so thick with LDS that they would be mortified to see something like that.

Then our prison peeps can clean them up, if an offended TBM doesn't stop and grab them first.

This is my fantasy, but they will probably just go in the trash. LOL

Posted by: WickedTwin ( )
Date: May 23, 2011 09:30AM

When the clock struck midnight for 2010 I threw a match on the lighter fluid soaked cloth. My neighbors must have thought I was nuts. We had a blizzard the night before and I shoveled out a spot in my front yard for the grill.

The flames were so high and the synthetic ones made smelly black smoke. Goodbye, symbols of bondage. New year free of you and the institution.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: May 23, 2011 09:43PM

Loved the visual. Bet that was liberating.

Posted by: Devorah ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 05:14AM

Women's garmies never made any sense to me. They were absolutely FOUL. My former mil kept trying to tell me how "symbolic" they were, and how I should be so grateful for the "new" designs.
And they seemed so simple to redesign that I never could get why they were so utterly horrible.

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 12:16PM

Could always be worse...a couple of days before I got married my mother yelled at me in the temple because the top had slipped up in the session...apparently in her mind it was possible that it no longer counted, and I got threatened with needing to wear the old one-piece ones.

And they wonder why I wanted to marry at 18 rather then go home again...

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 07:30PM

well-designed. That takes a big investment, no doubt, to provide that for the range of sizes and shapes among the morgbots. Instead the morg makes you squirm and shift around. Another reason to conclude they just don't care.

Mine went out in the dumpster as they were.

Posted by: chipsnsalsa ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 06:17PM

Amen! I always felt like a burrito. And that *seam* on the bottoms that was terrible...anyone? Ugh.

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 08:41PM

okay ladies...so what do you for underwear...I am at a loss what to get?

Posted by: jessica ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 08:45PM

I like Victoria's Secret they don't seem to ride as much as WallyMart undies.

Date: May 24, 2011 08:49PM

I also have some cute sets from Soma
http://www.soma.com/

Dh likes anything that comes off, LOL.

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 09:00PM

thanks

Date: May 24, 2011 09:20PM

No problem! Welcome to the normal club. :) FYI, I don't like Victoria's Secret bras, they fit weird like every woman in the world has augmented breasts or something.

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 08:51PM

I totally agree. They are really conspicuous and very hard to hide. Mormon 'modesty' and dress standards are attention-getting and, well, not sexy. Although I think there are some Mormon women who don't realize that.

For example, recently a TBM relative who is going through a midlife crisis posted a strange facebook profile pic of herself. It was a carefully cropped photo of just her upper torso, in a tight white shirt, garment-line prominently displayed along with an erect nipple. I kid you not.

I'm perfectly free about my own bazoombahs, so I've got no problem with it personally. But,it does seem like a pathetic attempt to become a Mormon sex symbol, and an awfully strange decision from someone who wears knee-length running shorts out of concern for 'modesty'.

We are not a weird people. Yeah.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.