Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thedrive ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 11:12AM

Brothers and sisters, I need to bear you my testimony today. The last time I did this was when I returned from my mission and gave my homecoming talk 20+ years ago. I want you to know that I had a very spiritual experience yesterday in the presence of my dear family. The experience was so powerful, so special, that I have debated all morning whether to share it with you but after contemplation and deep thought I will share it with you.

Brothers and sisters, this is my testimony: I know that Tim Tebow is my personal Lord and Savior. I know it with every fiber of my being. My testimony cannot be stronger. It is true because I feel it in my heart. And we know that all feelings are true.

At first I wasn't sure if I even had a testimony of Tim Tebow but as the weeks have gone by he has touched my heart and wallet with the winnings of the wagers between my friends and I. These winnings have allowed me to enjoy many blessings such as a shrimp coctail ring purchased from the Safeway deli that we enjoyed during our 3 1/2 hour worship service yesterday. We were also able to enjoy drink of the vine from Sonoma, refreshment from our brothers and sisters in Russia, vegatables from our friends in Mexico and Honduras, fine cheese from the farmers in Wisconsin, and of course strong drink brewed from our neighbors in the town of Golden, just a few miles away. My Savior, Tim Tebow, enabled my family to enjoy all these blessings and more.

The greatest blessing from Tim Tebow, and I appologize to my wife if this causes her some minor embarassment, but Tim Tebow has helped our intimacy. Let me explain. My wife, she seems to enjoy church services every Sunday from 2:05 PM Mountain Time until the final whistle, err, final Hail Mary is whispered. And during church she partakes of the blessings mentioned above. Following the final play, err, Hail Mary she is awash in emotions, love, and admiration for our Savior Tim Tebow that she has to retire to our bedroom to recover from her intense spiritual experience. Of course, as her loving and caring husband, I am concerned for her well being so I must check on her. I tell the children to study their schoolwork or play the X-Box and that they can turn up the volume as high as they want in order to experience the game as the inspired designers had intended. I always close the door as I enter our bedroom so the noise from HALO or Gears of War, games intended for entertainment only, do not disturb her post-church feelings.

Out of respect for my wife I will not relate what happens in the following 3-5 minutes but sufficed to say my wife, rather than cry out, "Oh God" now cries out "Ride me Saint Timothy, ride me!" As you can see she has had a change of heart and has an even stronger testimony of our Lord and Savior Tim Tebow. And I thank her for her loyalty and love for Tim.

In closing, I wish to emphasize my admiration and appreciation for our Lord and Savior Tim Tebow. Brothers and sisters, may I suggest that you strive to gain your own testimony of our Lord and Savior Tim Tebow. I promise you that if you embrace Tim Tebow in your hearts you too can experience the powerful blessings in your family and lives as you come to know Tim as my wife and I do.

I leave you with this testimony of our Lord and Savior, namely Timothy Richard Tebow. Amen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 12:07PM

but give the guy his due!! he be bringing it! glad you be so blessed by ole Tbow! work it work it!

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 12:33PM

That's a serious parallel between faith-promoting apologists and knowledgeable ex-Mormons...

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 01:00PM

all season, it may have been different.

My brother loves the Broncos and has for years. I used to be a faithful follower. Since I've been in Colorado so much the last 7 months--I have been watching more. Tebow has me hooked again.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 01:01PM

and bear my testimony of Tim Tebow, the one true quarterback Savior and add my testimony of that other member of the quarterback Godhead, Drew Brees. Our Savior Tim and our Heavenly Drew Brees have touched the heart of even my football impaired husband and through the strength of that spirit, I have actually seen him repent of his non-football watching and grow in the football gospel. I find this miracle to be far more profound than any performed with that ersatz Mormon priesthood and express my gratitude and love for those heavenly boys who made it possible.

And in a side note, I just LOVE how Tim Tebow rocks under pressure. I've been a Broncos fan for ages but I've never had this much fun being a Broncos fan. In the name of Brees and Tebow, Amen.

Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 01:13PM

I've decided to not watch the first 3 quarters of Broncos games do to boredom. I can't stand them but I do enjoy seeing all these comeback wins in the final minutes though.

Posted by: Pista ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 01:28PM

That's a shame, because the first three quarters are when the DEFENSE are playing amazing football, preventing the other team from scoring while Timmy runs around like a headless chicken. It is the DEFENSE we have to thank for the opportunity for one lonely decent play in the 4th or OT being enough to actually win a game.

Date: December 12, 2011 02:05PM

It's fun watching great defenses do that. But it's not fun when it's only scoreless because both offenses are terrible.

Date: December 12, 2011 02:12PM

I'll give you that. I'm just fed up with Timmy getting all of the credit for what the rest of the team is doing. He is not a good quarterback. Last minute recoveries are great for Disney movies, but are no excuse to take sole credit for the rest of the team's success.

Date: December 12, 2011 02:18PM

This win was brought by his team. Marion Barber of the Bears should also get credit by running out of bounds which gave to Broncos time and the ball back to tie.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 02:35PM

Isn't that like watching the morality play known as pro wrestling ?
Bad guy gives good guy a beating then good guy comes from behind and beats bad guy.
Audience goes wild !

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 01:32PM

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 02:20PM

Date: December 12, 2011 02:27PM

He's a controversial figure because he is an unconventional and so far inconsistent quarterback and he is very public about his evangelical beliefs.

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 01:59PM

You must be speaking the truth. i had warm fuzzy feelings while reading your post.

Posted by: Moira (NotLoggedIn) ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 02:15PM

Date: December 12, 2011 02:28PM

Why does Tebow keep putting his fist against his forehead ? Does christinsanity give him a headache ?

Date: December 12, 2011 03:09PM

"Is Tim Tebow bowing to HONOR GOD or bowing to HONOR NIKE for victory? Over 2000 years ago, people sacrificed to and worshipped the pagan goddess NIKE in order to be granted victory! And many people still worship NIKE today in Neo-Paganism... the Air Force Academy just a short drive from Tebow has a Pagan Worship Circle!!! That is why the NIKE sportswear company is named NIKE... because of that pagan goddess which is also a demon! They sacrificed to demons that are not God, to gods they never heard of. These were new gods, who came from nearby, gods your ancestors never worshiped. - Deuteronomy 32:17 People who wear and promote NIKE sportswear honor the name that pagan goddess / demon NIKE. But I will not! I will HONOR the NAME of the LORD. That is Who Tim Tebow honors when he bows. But sadly... some Christians honor the name of the pagan goddess NIKE by what they wear! God is NOT pleased with billions of demonic NIKE products promoting paganism and its negative impact felt around the world! So let's make this clear... Tim bows to God for victory... not the pagan goddess! "

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/buy-your-tim-tebow-tebowing-christmas-card-now-picture/103769

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.