Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 07:56PM

At the Quetzaltenango Guatemala Temple dedication the children of Father Lehi were mentioned. Pictures of living Book of Mormon people are in the links.

December 10
http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/61817/Quetzaltenango-Guatemala-Temple-2400-youth-participate-in-cultural-celebration.html

Uchtdorf "You are truly children of our wonderful Father Lehi."

December 11
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700206162/President-Uchtdorf-dedicates-second-LDS-temple-in-Guatemala.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 08:04PM

President Uchtdorf also noted the gospel legacy of the people who call this region home. "You are truly children of our wonderful Father Lehi."

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 08:16PM

I thought they knew better than to let the top 12 do that now!

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 08:30PM

I double dog dare Uchie to mention this BS in the USA.

Pusillanimous pup!

Posted by: badfish ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 12:08PM

Isn't that what they say when someone goes off the reservation like that?

Date: December 11, 2011 08:16PM

The Bismark North Dakota temple serves North and South Dakota. It is a region with the third largest population of American Indian in the United States. In September 1999, the North Dakota temple dedicatory prayer made no mention of children of father Lehi, Lamanites, nothing.

http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/bismarck/prayer/

But in December 2011 Uchtdorf tells the world where the living Book of Mormon people are at.

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 08:17PM

He was probably just following the spirit.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 08:28PM

Is Lehi Fuckfork's father, too? God, just when I think Mormonism can't get any more ridiculous.

Date: December 11, 2011 08:33PM

It makes me sick. Mormonism is highjacking ancient cultures with a 19th century lie. Beautiful children are taught to be ashamed of who they really are and made to believe they are from a storybook character.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 08:40PM

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 01:17PM

Demeaning and ridiculous...that pretty much describes every Mormon when interacting with the outside world.

Posted by: alex71ut ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 02:58PM

In 600 BC the rich Jerusalem businessman Lehi S. Rich found Jesus. Ummmm I mean he found Jehovah. He had been over at cousin Laban's home doing his morning brass plates reading time in order to get closer to the Almighty. And that's when the Spirit hit him hard and he found Jehovah. All his former business activities were curtailed so he could start preaching to the people in Jerusalem.

One day while preaching he saw some fine looking underage german frauleins visiting Jerusalem from Europe. Lehi suddenly caught the Spirit of Joseph Smith Jr. and before you know it he was bedding these girls. In the meantime some Jerusalemeans caught wind of this. Suddenly Lehi gets a vision that he needs to hightail out of Jerusalem so he doesn't get arrested for pedophilia. The german fraueleins return to Germany where one of them has a baby from her sacred moments with Lehi. Later this child has a descendant named Dietr who becomes a pilot for Lufthansa in the 20th century.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 08:35PM

Uchtorf or what ever his name is is the one my convert daughter's MIL thinks is so wonderful. She says she loves everything he says...guess he gave a talk at a relief society meeting recently and she says it was awesome. She is so far gone.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 08:40PM

enough that he can't make a long trip like that.

I would LOVE to see BKKKP make CEO. That would be fun fun fun to watch!!!!

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 09:04PM

Lying to people about who and what they are in relationship to God is a sadistic thing to do.

I left when I realized all of the lies they were showering women with. What they are saying to these people has shades of how they have treated women. It is a condescending lie to further their own interests. It will be a lifetime endeavor for me to recover from that. It infuriates me when I see them doing this to an entire group of people. I can't help but wonder if they feel they have lost the women of America, so now it's time to denigrate and control someone else.

The ancestral lie goes one step deeper than the lies I was told as a woman. When these people find out about, and understand DNA the backlash is going to be huge. The church leadership probably know this on some level, but still persist. They persist in an attempt to build up their own egos. I hope there is a special place in hell for them.

Date: December 11, 2011 09:39PM

The lies to woman are horrid. My wife's culture is based on the voice of women. A male leader loses all ability to have any influence if he does not hear and respond to the women.

At her people's tribal college, the highest percentage of students are women in the age range of mothers to grandmothers. Many are going on from there to ivy league schools for advanced degrees. It is not at all what the LDS teach for women.

Also, I think that Spencer W. Kimball's 1960 conference talk about American Indian children in the placement program turning whiter than their siblings was one of the most disgusting things a human in a religious leadership position could possibly say to children.

Date: December 11, 2011 09:41PM

+1

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 09:44PM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I Hope & PRAY there's a link to that ... from ChurchCo.

Pleasssse don't disappoint!

Date: December 11, 2011 09:57PM

I have not been able to find a current link for it. It is in the Improvement Era, December 1960, pages 922-23

130th semiannual general conference, General Conference October 7, 1960 Afternoon Session, Elder Spencer W. Kimball Of the Council of the Twelve Apostles.

The BYU website for the Improvement Era does not have the year 1960 online.

Date: December 11, 2011 10:17PM

Ok, I got it now.

http://scriptures.byu.edu/gettalk.php?ID=1091&era=yes

There is a website set up that lets you find talks based on scripture references.

http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/46210/New-scripture-tool.html

The link for the site is here:
http://scriptures.byu.edu/

Posted by: quatermass ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 10:30PM

> http://scriptures.byu.edu/gettalk.php?ID=1091&era=yes

My gawd. Kimball was one seriously delusional bloke!

Honestly, reading that, I get the real impression Kimball needed some sort of professional (psychological) help.

Posted by: RAG ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 12:05PM

That's a fact, Jack.

Exhibit 1: The Miracle of Forgiveness

Posted by: hmmm ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 01:26PM

I would be curious to see how you feel women are treated in the LDS church? What was your experience?

Date: December 11, 2011 10:12PM

information and references are on that other ex mormon site. the one they won't let you mention here. It has the words mormon and curtain in the name. The words white and delightsome are in the title.

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 11:57AM

"Many of the members are of Mayan heritage and it's common for the women and girls to still wear the colorful native skirts and blouses of the region."

They'll stamp that out in time; can't have those pesky natives wearing what they've been wearing for years.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 12:44PM

(that's all that can be said)

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 12:50PM

Major facepalm! Yeesh!

Posted by: Emma's Flaming Sword ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 01:14PM

that church is totally back-peddling on this whole issue. I am glad that he is so out of touch that he just gave us fresh ammo.

Posted by: kookoo4kokaubeam ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 02:21PM

wink, wink, nod, nod, pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

Thats what this church has been reduced to.

Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 02:29PM

Great find, Michael. If it were just a goof, i don't think it would have been published. I'm rethinking if the lack of mention is intentional now...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.