Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nlocnil ( )
Date: December 14, 2011 09:14PM

I got letters in the mail from SLC confirming that my records have been removed. But there was no letter for my youngest son who is 5 years old. Got letters for everyone else but him.

I called SLC and talked to someone there who said that they don't do letters for unbaptized children they just delete them.

However, a friend told me that the same thing happened to them and when their child turned 8 years old they started getting visits and calls.

WTF! Can they really do that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tiptoes ( )
Date: December 14, 2011 09:50PM

They did the same thing to me...my youngest just turned 8 a couple months back and have not heard a peep from anyone. But thanks for the info you passed along about calling SLC.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: December 14, 2011 09:53PM

Only a baptized member can resign their membership. A "child of record" is not a baptized member.

If this is not correct, someone, please post the correct info.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: December 14, 2011 10:00PM

Most mormons I've known would rather just delete a "child of record" file if there isn't anybody attached to it as opposed to chasing down an eight-year-old. I can see why HQ member records doesn't really deal with them; unless actually baptized, it's more so they'll show up on the kiddie attendance rolls than being actual members.

When I was a membership clerk, I could delete a "child of record" file without any consideration.

However, I've read here of others where that hasn't been the case.... "orphaned" (a database term in this case) records have shown up and zealous leaders go after it. However, you received the good word from HQ, so I think you can feel confident that it has been taken care of.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2011 10:03PM by jpt.

Posted by: nlocnil ( )
Date: December 14, 2011 10:45PM

Thanks, sounds like I'm home free then!

Posted by: seamaiden ( )
Date: December 14, 2011 10:56PM

I have a relate question...

I had my daughter when I was in the MORG, and she received her baby blessing there.. Would she be a child of record? I never thought to have her name removed as well as mine.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: December 14, 2011 11:22PM

seamaiden Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a relate question...
>
> I had my daughter when I was in the MORG, and she
> received her baby blessing there.. Would she be a
> child of record? I never thought to have her name
> removed as well as mine.

You would have to check with Membership Records. She is probably not listed. She may be on a list someplace in the Ward that has not been updated.

Posted by: seamaiden ( )
Date: December 14, 2011 11:25PM

Thanks *hug*

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.