Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 12:59PM

The boys and I are taking a trip down south to visit one of my dearest friends, who also happens to be TBM.

I debated whether or not to go to church with her. As we are staying with her and her family and will be driving for over seven hours to see them, I decided that we will tag along simply to spend those three hours together, instead of at their house... alone.

My oldest was a bit put out until I reminded him he'd be with his friend the whole time. The youngest doesn't care.

After reflecting on my decision, I realized that I truly do welcome this opportunity to take my boys and then have the long car ride home that evening to discuss it. The oldest is nine and is coming into his own thoughts and many times I am surprised by how insightful they are.

So, right now, I feel kind of neutral about it all, but I have a feeling that once I walk through those chapel doors, I'm going to be suppressing gags and holy shits for 3+ hours.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 01:02PM

But it would be funny if your boys caused a ruckus!

"Sister Queenie! I had to pull your child out of my SS class because he WAS ASKING TOO MANY QUESTIONS!

What a terribly unruly child! How dare he???"

Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 01:04PM

I'll be anxious to hear about it. :)

Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 01:52PM

Yeah, that's a tough call. I sometimes go because of my sons and their activities. It's just so much harder to sit through the BS now because I KNOW it's BS now.
But I love and support my kids; and if they want/need me to be there, then that's where I'll be.
It's good that your son is getting older and more aware of things. I try to talk with my kids too; as much as I can.
I'll be waitin' for an update ;)

Posted by: ronas ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 02:06PM

One thing that helps me get through the two hours of torture I endure every Sunday is to laugh inside at how confused these people are and feel a smug sense of superiority. It helps to realize that none of them are purposely "in on" the bs - they actually believe it and are confused - I find it fascinating to ponder on the psychology of how that happens. Well mostly I feel sorry for them...

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 02:50PM

Ooo...good luck!

My oldest is 5 1/2 and is just starting to ask the good questions, I'm looking forward to watching the wheels turn as she gets bigger.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.