Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Steve ( )
Date: November 30, 2011 10:05PM

They were posting new ones each month. There hasn't been a new one for a while. Lack of funds?

I enjoyed them. :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Better Bill ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 03:29PM

No idea why no one is responding to this, Steve. I have a feeling that this site is as cliquish Sacrament Meeting and if you are not one of the regular posters you are ignored or shunned. No one even paused to say, "Hmm... that's a good question."

Posted by: Erik ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 03:44PM

I visited a bit with D William (the guy who has been making these videos) at the exmo conference. If I mess this up or misrepresent him in any way, that is not my intent... With that said, the following is my understanding from visiting with him.

Essentially he has become a bit burned out. Processing and editing each video required a huge amount of effort from him each and every week. More effort was then needed to coordinate with the people in the video, encourage them to get their stories typed up, get their story and favorite links added to the website, to get people to review and sign off on the final videos, provide spam and comment moderation for the website, etc. Doing all that work every weekend -- frequently staying up all night or Friday and/or Saturday night, was hugely stressful. He had intended that making the video series would be a healing process for himself (and hopefully also healing for others as well). Allowing the project to get him totally stressed out and exhausted is obviously not healing. He said he does plan to keep making the videos, but he intends to scale it back and make it more of a hobby rather than a full time all weekend job.

Whether or not he does in fact return to making new videos remains to be seen.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 04:31PM

One guy? Wow! Kudos to whomever he is! They are very well done and much more affecting and genuine than the "professional" ones! (Not saying the exmo ones are not professionally done... just that the mormon ones likely had a media company and tons a moolah to work with.)

Superb work D William!

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 04:08PM

I may be wrong, but I think there was a little effort from the folks at life after mormonism to make some of these too. Maybe this is their time to step into the gap.

Maybe I misread things and have no idea what I'm talking about, but Mike over there was very enthusiastic about publicity.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 04:21PM

Me too. I look for them periodically and see the same ones.

Posted by: Steve ( )
Date: December 15, 2011 04:36PM

I did not post this, this is some other Steve.

Unless I was cloned in my sleep . . . .

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.