Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 12:31PM

elcid,

You mentioned a conversation your brother had with Marlin Jenson. Could you give more detail?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elcid ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 12:47PM

It was about three or four years ago. On a sports forum the people were discussing the documentary about Mormons that came out. It was off-topic, but they were going back and forth. My bro mentioned that there were some things he found out about that bugged him, one guy said (essentially), I can get you "help". The "help" was a phone call from Elder Jensen who spent a fair amount of time asking my bro about where he found out stuff, what his questions were, and "trying" to answer the polygamy/polyandry question about JS. Basically he said that JS practised polyandry and that it was about "family relations", which was weird and a non-answer in my opinion and my bro's opinion. He also asked where he worked, weird.

My bro was happy to talk to him, he seemed genuine and nice, and I am sure he is. I have a friend (distant co-worker) whose Dad practiced law with Jensen so this guy has some connections to me in a round about way (indirect). Obviously they are concerned and have been for a while. What is obvious to us is also obvious to them. They have a huge problem and no real good way to handle it. The historical nature of this problem is unprecedented. There is no real example of a large church imploding over obvious lying behaviour and leaving a large group of people drifting spiritually. Personally, I think I can help out the people who will get cut loose when this begins to fall apart. It is tough for all of us and for those who are about to experience it. Isn't it?

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 03:21PM

Wow. Just wow!! This is really remarkable stuff. So, they all know it's pretty much a sham after all.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 03:25PM

Thanks for your reply. Interesting stuff.

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 03:24PM

And Jensen's reward for being forthright was being fired as Church Historian, released from the Quorum of Seventy and placed on emeritus status... just like Paul Dunn.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700215000/Elder-Snow-appointed-as-new-LDS-Church-Historian.html

Ron

Posted by: John Corrill ( )
Date: January 31, 2012 08:33PM

I felt the spirit when you said:

"They have a huge problem and no real good way to handle it".

:)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.