Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 10:35PM

I read the entire article, and was not very impressed with it. It was amended in late January. You may want to take a look, and make some improvements, as you are more familiar with her than most of us.

I just finished reading 'Leaving the Saints', and it was riveting. Her description of her father and mother is exactly how I remember them when I was in their ward, and living around the corner from them.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: February 15, 2012 10:51PM

. . . these various versions of "history," as they are constantly being warped and twisted by partisans for their own purposes and agendas.

The only meaningful way to stop this tiresome exercise is for a submission to be firewalled by Wiki moderators against abusive tinkering and changing.

Martha would personally need to make that request of Wiki administrators for protection of her Wiki bio, should she be interested in taking that step.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2012 11:25PM by steve benson.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 01:06AM

Posted by: ontheDownLow ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 08:15AM

very interesting reading. Its too bad that there is some inconsistancies in her past such as the whole homosexual studies/hypothesis and both her and her former husbands change in sexual preferences.

Regardless of truth, it destroys her credibility to the point that anyone can say she appears to be dellusional herself. But of course, maybe all the facts here can be tainted or misrepresented. At any rate, this would have been a firm sounding board against LDS Inc.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 08:41AM

...whose experience and/or evidence may cause the sheeple to wake up. Therefore, it is unfortunate but not surprising that Martha Beck would be on their hit list.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2012 08:41AM by WiserWomanNow.

Posted by: ontheDownLow ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 10:05AM

It all depends on the perceiver of the info. To me, I think Martha is credible. But that is because I have discovered the clever lies of the Morg. On the other hand, you have the Disney loving brainwashed members who can't see past their nose to notice the irony in all of this.

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: February 16, 2012 10:27AM

Read the book she authored about her experiences with family and her father molesting her. Very real and authentic. Sad how life goes in mormonism. It is like reading the bio of a person in a cult.

Of course her family has been in full blown "blame the victim" and destroy them to protect the family/organization. So sad.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.