Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 27, 2012 01:11PM

(extrapolate to your locality)

Say you're a successful manager, attorney, or stock broker, maybe surgeon.... Prolly were on the dry council...

then along comes a change in the SPresidency, and.... people have mentioned YOUR NAME, and the GA calls you in....
Needless to say, you went on a mission, life-long TBM, one wife, etc.

But realistically, you're not MoRoyalty, have NO CHANCE (or desire) to become a GA...You've listened to doubters, but shelved those thoughts.

What you face is: Endless, childish meetings, TONS of time away from your wife/fam, loss of focus at work, possibly risking your next promotion...

Do you REALLY want it, For Yourself, not just as prestige?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zimmy ( )
Date: February 27, 2012 07:09PM

i have noticed most of them can run a business or a practice but stink at religion. my bishops wife is his most prized possession, i keep wondering how much he paid for her. he has no time to give temple recomend interviews but all the time in the world to discuss tithing ( i guess money is really number one after all)and he keeps saying the Lord is in charge of the ward and i keep wondering why the Lord is doing such a rotten job.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.