Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: serena ( )
Date: February 27, 2012 05:39PM

Just when I've got it figured out, they change things again.

Do you believe it's possible for a very computer-savvy person (not me!) to "accidentally" unfriend a person? I don't see how it can be done.

My older brother is claiming he unfriended me by accident, didn't know how it happened. I'm calling BS - he's very computer proficient (okay, redundant), but he's got a long-standing cruel streak in him.

Hiding certain people used to be easy, but now I can't figure out how to do it, other than outright unfriending someone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exmollymo ( )
Date: February 27, 2012 05:44PM

My non-member sister unfriended me one time and I called her out on it. I told her it hurt my feelings and sent her a new request. She friended me again. I still don't know why she did it, but whatever - she's weird like that. I love her to pieces, but she's a little crazy.

Oh, and to answer your question - I don't think you can unfriend on accident. Hope it gets better for you.

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: February 27, 2012 05:49PM

There's a pull down menu that you have to hover over to get to the Unfriend button. It is possible to accidentally click "unfriend" when you meant to click something else. However, then there's a pop up that asks, are you sure you want to unfriend XXX. So IMO it would be quite difficult to unfriend accidentally.

Posted by: omreven ( )
Date: February 27, 2012 05:55PM

I think now to "hide" people you go unsubscribe from their feed. This won't unfriend them, you just won't see their posts anymore or you can pick what content you want to see. You'll find that button on their FB page, and I think you can also see the button if you hover over their name.

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: February 27, 2012 05:58PM

Kick him in the balls.

ron

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.