Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lost ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 11:11AM

In the BOM we read:

“...after he had smitten off the head of Shiz, that Shiz raised upon his hands and fell; and after that he had struggled for breath, he died.” (Ether 15:31)

I am seriously wondering about this scripture passage. Was Shiz a chicken? Chickens are known to behave this way when beheaded. What kind of terrible writing is this???

What is it about Joseph Smith's fascination with beheading people? I'm thinking of Laban to go along with Chicken Shiz...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken'n'Backpacks ( )
Date: March 02, 2012 02:44PM

It wastes space, IMO, when critics point that out, because there so many other bone-headed things in BoM/BoA. It is possible for a human to have nerves fire after beheading and the body moves for a few seconds; likewise, a head can appear to fight for breath or move it's eyes because the brain is still working for a few seconds before loss of blood shuts it down.

I guess it was supposed to be dramatic to include that story in the BoM, but it's funny to picture Shiz doing the Funky Chicken...

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.