Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: drjekyll ( )
Date: March 09, 2012 11:54PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 10, 2012 02:18PM

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: March 10, 2012 03:56PM

unforunately i live 3-4 hrs away from toronto, which is too bad because we had snow and they didn't.

An ex-mo conference in TO would be cool, tho!

Posted by: acerbicone ( )
Date: March 10, 2012 05:00PM

I am a long time poster and former investigator.

Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: March 10, 2012 05:01PM

I want in!! Unfortunately, I am on the other side of this great nation.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 10, 2012 11:44PM

Me too....darn...gotta get one going in Lethbridge, I guess...

Date: March 10, 2012 05:39PM

I just moved here back in August (I'm from the Sacramento, CA area)... so, it sure would be nice if some Toronto Ex-mos appear on the radar.

I know people through work, and we do some limited socializing outside of work, but I'd like to make friends outside of that group. Usually, you can only go so far with venting and ranting about work situations and I feel that "Ex-mo dealing with TBM family"-related venting/sharing is not really relevant or helpful in that circle anyway.

Thanks to karin, acerbicone, and ajhart for replies! At this point it looks like a drjekyll and acerbicone outing, which is cool! So whatever you like, throw it out there. BTW, I live about 2 blocks from University of Toronto and have no car, I pretty much do stuff along the subway lines or walking distance of the University... that's as much of Toronto that I am familiar with. But from what I see there is plenty to do within the little region that I have explored. Chinatown, Greektown, Kensington Market, Dundas Square, Yonge Street, St. Lawrence Market, Downtown, over by the CN tower, stadium, as much of the Path as I could manage to find/figure out and that's about it.

Any suggestions as to what kind of meetup we should do? I'm down with anything, pretty much... food, coffee, drink, nightclub, sight-seeing, forming a little wine-tasting group, museum, sports event, park, cruising the mall, random shopping, mini-golf, (whatever happened to video arcades), hell, maybe even a demonstration (although sometimes I feel this just allows the Morg to play the "we're persecuted"/sympathy card, unless its really well-done)

Dr. Jekyll bows head continues hoping... [for some Toronto Ex-mo action to appear!]

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 10, 2012 05:48PM

I tried one for Northwest Florida, and discovered I was alone. Seriously, I am considering do a joint one with ex-JWs and former Scientologist.

Date: March 10, 2012 10:40PM

Yes... it is as if we were a scattered tribe... [vomit] Yuck, sorry for that Morgish verbiage!

Hmmm, have you found any forums for those peeps?

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 12:00AM

There are forums for ex-members from both Scientology and JWs. Basically every cult has a web-site for ex-members shadowing it. Though I don't think there is one unique for ex-FLDS, but that doesn't matter as this is a happy enough home for any of those.

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: March 10, 2012 11:25PM

My bro-in-law has a blog: http://normanthompsonexmormon.blogspot.com/

they live an hour away from toronto, so they might be interested. Just leave a comment on his blog.

Posted by: Flyer ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 12:52PM

Hey, send your bro in law a message. I'm an Exmo who grew up in his neck of the woods. Does he have an email you can post? Or you?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.