Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Thomas $. Monson ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 08:16AM

...it's not possible yet.
However, the elders seem to enjoy hanging out in Catholic churches: http://elderjacobparry.blogspot.it/2012/03/groundhog-saw-his-shadow.html (I have seen similar scenes in St. Peter's Basilica as well).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 08:45AM

Depending on the church or cathedral, it may be perfectly okay to take photos as long as you don't use flash and a religious service is not going on. Usually the cathedral's policy is posted at the entryway or on its website. The cathedrals are well used to having visitors, both Catholic and non-Catholic, and they are often very interesting architecturally.

I imagine that the cathedrals in Italy are quite different from what these young men are used to in their own churches and temples.

Posted by: Thomas $. Monson ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 11:48AM

Summer, this neighborhood has at least twenty (Catholic) churches. Taking pictures inside them is considered VERY rude here, although obviously nobody is going to scold/fine/arrest you. When in Rome...
I would add that it would be a little more respectful (and logical) to remove one's name tag. Even Raul Castro decided not to wear his uniform when he met with the Pope last week.

Posted by: apatheist ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 10:03AM

"We found a new investigator named Rosa this week. She should be very promising. Her brother is an ex investigator who was always drunk, so the missionaries had dropped him. Now he has moved away for work, we are able to start teaching her."

Ahh, yes, this reminds me of Jesus' parable, "For whoever thou hast been cursed with alcohol dependency, thou shalt be dropped and ignored by thy Savior and mocked on a blog post."

Poor Rosa, she's effing screwed.

"On Sunday we did Mostra again, and it was alot of fun. Unfortunately, the evangelists came back, so we had to send them packing. I dont mind them at all, but when they come up to us with the purpose of bashing us, it really doesnt make me that happy, so we said CIAO, and they left. Punks...."

Yeah. How dare those evangelists try to criticize them for their cult-like beliefs. Why, it's almost as bad as a religion with massive hoards of cash using their money and their sheep-like flock to take away civil rights of people who don't even affect them.. ohh, wait.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2012 10:03AM by apatheist.

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: April 07, 2012 12:33PM

"NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message."

That's why I posted it on the freakin' open internet.

A Mormon missionary IQ test will follow.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.