Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: foggy ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 11:15AM

His wife had it forwarded by an exmo coworker whose mother is in denial and sent it to her. Has anyone else seen/ heard this?

"A friend of mine sent this.

Elder Bednar of the Quorum of the 12 was here to a Singles Conference this past week. He told them that if Mitt Romney wins the Republican nomination, the Church would see persecution that we have never seen before in our lifetime and that our testimonies would be tested . He said that even the Sacred Temple Covenants would be made known to the world. Then again at our Book of Mormon class last evening, the instructor repeated the same thing. He said that the message to us is to be prepared for this and to keep our eye on the prophet and for us to stand firm in our testimonies and not be shaken by what is going on around us or what would be required of us.
If this does happen, it will be in fulfillment of the scriptures, so we knew it would be coming sometime. Please see that the young folks of our families are Spiritually and mentally prepared for this so if and when it comes, we can all stand firm."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: apatheist ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 11:26AM

Translation: Please make sure your kids are inoculated to any reality-based information.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 11:31AM

The temple covenants are already on the web. The church could take the lead and make them known on their terms instead of whining about persecution. I can't feel sorry for them. If they can't be honest about their product, take it off the market.

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 11:55AM

Elder Bednar is an asshat. I heard that pompous Pharisee a couple of years ago. He is a testimony killer. If jeezus is for real (which btw he is not), it's Bednar that should be worried. My BS radar tells me he'll be exposed in my lifetime as a power hungry bureaucrat with a taste for young ladies. He is truly a bad human being.

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 12:48PM

who knows if Bednar actually said it. Based on the talks at conference and things like this I think the Church and it's members aren'y quite as excited about the Mormon Moment as they were are year or so ago.

And I agree, these comments that Bednar supposedly shared are all about inoculation. God's one true Church can only handle so much truth.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.