Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mistymemories ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 01:34AM

Dear friends on the best forum ever please please tell me who the heck is David Archuletta? Sorry from Aust and don't get who or what he is. A Celebrity, RM, next profit...sportsman, genius,humanitarian, superbeing. What is an Archuleta??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 01:40AM

He was on American Idol or one of those shows. I don't follow them, but he has since become a Mormon celebrity.

Posted by: zak ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 02:04AM

An Archuleta won American idol a few years back. Before Simon left. He is pretty active in the Mormon paegants and such and recently went into the MTC.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 02:13AM

not to nitpik, but he didn't win American Idol, he came in second. Likes to sing Imagine By John Lennon, but skips the verse where it says "...and no religion too..."

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 02:17AM

Yeah, that's weird. I did like him, but so sad he will be going off to fool some downtrodden folks who think their message will give them a good life. Little do they know all that will be kept fro them and they will pay up big time. They surely don't tell them they will be cleaning toilets. And if they are unmarried, they do not tell them their nonmormon relatives are not welcome at the wedding in a Temple. So sad he is about to embark on such unimportant work. As a singer, he could do so much to help kids, the sick, struggling teens. But no, he would rather go tell them JS is the greatest man who ever lived. Go figure!

Posted by: notmormon ( )
Date: April 10, 2012 12:25AM

sonoma Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> not to nitpik, but he didn't win American Idol, he
> came in second. Likes to sing Imagine By John
> Lennon, but skips the verse where it says "...and
> no religion too..."

On the show they were limited to 2 minutes which is not enough time for all the verses - he chose later verses. When he sings the whole song like a few weeks after Idol at a Ford corporate event, and when he was invited back to Idol by the producer to reprise Imagine during Season 9, he sang the entire song.

And BTW he was also the guest soloist of the 2010 Motab Christmas concerts (part of the the same concert was shown several times on PBS in 2011)

Posted by: archaeologymatters ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 03:34AM

Famous singer in Utah because of reality tv.

Not really that shocking. Many ybu football players delay their shot at fame in the NFL by going on missions. Not that big of a deal. Some people believe crazy things as everyone on this site once did before we found the truth.

Posted by: bigred ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 04:07AM

He's famous in America not just Utard - but still a fool for going on a mission.

Posted by: nevermo archuleta fan ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 04:39AM

He was runner-up to David Cook a few years back on American Idol. I frequently tell people he's the only mormon I actually like, and only because he has an amazing voice. He lost because he had no obvious personality (he didn't wanna lose from acting too mormon-y), however, he's got an amazing voice. I love listening to his Christmas album.

His music career was shaky, but doing pretty okay...but leaving for 2 years like this, he likely won't make a comeback. It's a shame, he's actually a really nice kid...hopefully his mission helps him see the light and he leaves the church. It's doubtful he will, but I'm still hopeful!

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: April 09, 2012 04:59AM

Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: April 10, 2012 12:35AM

An Archuletta is a kid with an amazing voice...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.