Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anon for this ( )
Date: April 15, 2012 11:14PM

I frequent the board and would rather stay anon for this. I read the orgasm threads and wanted to ask a question... I'm a convert into TSCC. Before I was baptized, I had sex with two different women. With both partners it was fun and frequent and they had orgasms. One would sometimes cry while the other got rather loud. Shoot a decade later, I have a wife, kids and am baptized. My wife, in all the years we have been married, has never had an orgasm. We have tried and tried and tried.

My question is, is this "normal" for many lds women? She says it feels good but nothing major. It drives me nuts. I want her to have one. I've even told her to try and have dirty thoughts, but she said she doesn't want to. What can we do?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2012 03:28PM by Susan I/S.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rose Park Ranger ( )
Date: April 15, 2012 11:17PM

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: April 15, 2012 11:48PM

I'm a nevermo so I see your question from a different perspective. But judging from the Mormon women I am friends with, I think it is at the very least common if not the norm for LDS women to "shut down" sexually. The guilt induced through the heavy focus on 'chasity' the church constantly cultivates affects women deeply. I believe that in order for a woman to go where you would like her to go, she must deny much of what she has been taught and that would be difficult for her.

My suggestion would be to stop focusing on the "O" and think in terms of "affection". Perhaps that will allow her to lower her defenses and gain enough trust to let herself be free.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 09:34AM

I find that women have to learn how. That might not make sense to many men, but it's not as obvious as it is with men. With men, you give 'em a little friction and blammo. Orgasm. With women you can give them the proper friction all day long and still nothing.

If it was a woman coming to me (har har) for advice, I'd tell her to play around with her showerhead or go get a rabbit vibe and figure out how to get off. Sometimes, for me, it's just a matter of speeding up my breathing and relaxing.

They say that the biggest sex organ is the one just above your neck. 90% of sex is mental. I'd say something is holding her back from enjoying her body and learning how to relax and breathe into it. If she's not willing to explore herself and/or play with some toys, she's not ever going to be able to help you figure out what to do and how to help her get there. It very much starts with her and is her responsibility to communicate with you whatever it is she needs. I've been known to be quite specific, i.e., "No, a little higher... Yeah! That's it! A little harder... faster... AIIIIUUUGH!" If she doesn't really know what gets her there, she can hardly give you any feedback.

I'm assuming you've tried things like extended foreplay, oral, different positions, etc. "We tried and tried and tried" could just mean you've had a whole lot of missionary with very little foreplay or something. I don't know what it means.

But I do find it next to impossible to diagnose someone else's anorgasmia over the internet.

Posted by: Hitachi magic wand lover ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 12:25PM

Three words: hitachi magic wand. Best investment ever. Don't worry about the attachments for now. It plugs into the wall and doesn't turn off til she says so. Best $40 dh ever spent on me ;)

Posted by: seutnevermo ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 02:49PM

My wife got one of those. Our power bill went up $20.00 per month.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 04:56PM

I got one of those too. It wasn't strong enough for me.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 08:17PM

knotheadusc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I got one of those too. It wasn't strong enough
> for me.

lol!!!!!

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 08:54PM

Seriously, it wasn't. The Magic Wand is sold as a sensual aid, but if you look at the packaging, it's really just a plain old massager with only two speeds.

Come to think of it, it's time to replace my current toy...

Posted by: Hitachi lover ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 10:43PM

Well jeez if it's not strong enough you're sol...NOTHING else gets that strong of a vibe. Nothing in a sex shop. But I suppose a floor burnisher may work for you. Or perhaps a jackhammer?

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: April 17, 2012 12:25AM

Maybe hers was defective?

Posted by: westernwillows ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 01:18PM

Even though I quit going to church at age 18, it took YEARS for me to overcome my sexual hangups, even after getting married (I wasn't a virgin on my wedding night, but I figured that suddenly my head would think that sex was okay--I always had pretty good guilt about it--and it doesn't work that way) I didn't have an orgasm until DH and I were married for almost 2 years. But once I had one, my body knew what was supposed to happen, and now it is much easier. It takes time and practice. I had a little fear about it before I had my first one because I didn't know what it would be like. But it only takes once to get the idea =)

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 02:17PM

Then after that first one, you spend the rest of your sexual life chasing that dragon. ;>)

LOL

Which is why we recommend toys. B.O.B. never has an "off" night. Unless I run out of AA batteries.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 08:30PM

Toys are good. I sneaked a couple into my room last year. In recent years DW has said she has reduced response and little interest for weeks after a climax, but with a non-vibe toy in play, she can do it the next day after too. Surprise!

Posted by: Anon for this ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 02:35PM

Thank you so much for the feedback! By tried and tried I meant different positions, orally etc. Sorry, should have clarified :-) I will try a toy. I had mentioned it to her before, but she is insure about it. Wish I could type more but can't atm Thanks again!!

Posted by: exmollymo ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 02:43PM

http://www.amazon.com/Celebration-Sex-Enjoying-Pleasure-Christian/dp/0840791801

Why don't you try a Christian book to help, then maybe she won't feel "bad" or "dirty" for trying new things. I've heard good things about this book. Just last week my pastor gave a sermon on sex and last Wednesday night there was a "coupes only" Q&A. It was VERY informative and this is where I got the recommendation.

Posted by: schmendrick ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 04:49PM

For a really tame intro, maybe Song of Solomon/Songs? I don't know what her attitude toward it might be, but it was part of the Biblical tradition until the LDS came along, if that counts for anything. If her shutdown is based in religious tradition that might be a suitable baby step. It's hardly steamy erotica by today's standards but desire is obvious, and celebrated.

Posted by: elcid ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 05:01PM

If the programming is too great there is no hope whatsoever. I feel for you bro...

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 05:44PM

I went into a little local shop to buy a vibrator. I make my selection and went to the counter where a beautiful young woman is doing the checking. I hand the vibrator to her, and she says, "Here let me try that out for you . . . ."

Me: <blink, blink, blink>

Her: Pops batteries in turns it on. Turns it off. Hands it back to me. "It works."

Damn.

Anyway . . . due to differences in anatomy among women, it is not unusual that intercourse is not stimulating enough to cause orgasm. Toys can be a great help with this. Add the Mormon discouragements about sex and having an orgasm can take a while to figure out.

Posted by: The Man in Black ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 07:06PM

I was very fortunate to be able to reprogram DW. For her it was a mental block caused by the insane teachings of the church--mostly guilt. Once she got over the guilt it was no longer a problem. Good thing too because it helps keep our marriage strong even though she's TBM. If she were TBM and also had an aversion to sex I would want out for sure.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 07:13PM

My exwife never had an orgasm. It affected me quite a bit because I always felt inadequate.

Most girls I am with now have orgasms. Though, I have found that some girls have a very hard time getting there.

It was a difficult mindset to get out of at the time.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 07:18PM

Does she know how to give herself an organism? Until she figures this out, having one during intercourse is a moot point.

Posted by: schmendrick ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 07:45PM

summer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does she know how to give herself an organism?
> Until she figures this out, having one during
> intercourse is a moot point.

She gets an organism if he has an orgasm.

And if the timing is right.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 07:55PM

This is the key right here.

I'll bet your wife has never masturbated. Until she is free enough to play with herself and be relaxed enough to enjoy "feeling" lusty, she will never be able to get there in front of you.

I know this is an odd way to put it, but an orgasm is an inside job with many components that have to all be in place. Some of these are very basic--anything that breaks concentration, like the voices of children banging around downstairs, etc.

I was anorgasmic until I left my first husband, the alcoholic. I was so fearful of his unpredictable reaction I could never relax. I never had an orgasm until I took a lover the following year. And then BAAAAMMMM! BUT - I was a head-hanging masturbator from age 5, so that meant I was comfortable with feeling lusty.

I hope you're understanding that the wife needs some low level erotica and maybe some old Playboys where the poses are erotic but not looking like a woman ready for gynecological surgery, if you get my drift. She needs to get into the erotica enough to look at the pictures and say in her head, "That's me in my husband's mind..."

And previously I have given some men tips on, shall we say, successful approaches for repressed women. Instead of commenting on a hot movie scene or a model you like, say instead that you had a tough day. You were distracted at work all day remembering that night at the (cabin/hotel/beach) when the two of you got it on. Tell her you think about that time when you masturbate. She will react, I guarantee it, but this is what starts an erotic conversation.

Unfortunately, a lot of religious people have sex in silence. Like Jesus is there and doesn't want any lusty stuff, just the deed done. This is so unnatural--it is supposed to be fun and it's up to you to show her the way to the fun part.

I am truncating this a lot, but after you have reviewed a few times actual experiences that you remember where she was also having fun, then do some role playing. Get out what she was wearing and say, could we do it in the chair while you wear this? I keep imagining you in this and I would love it!

If she says no, fine, how about the tub/shower? You love how it makes her look like a movie star (Do not name a particular movie star whatever you do). Be specific, "It's the way you move." That's always a safe one because women always think we're too fat/skinny to be sexy, too old, too pregnant, too something, but hey, if it's the way we move....well, we're still moving!

Plenty of women are anorgasmic because they don't really believe their husbands are THAT into them, personally. It's like she thinks "He's here because I'm the authorized vajayjay, but if he could, he'd get better, you bet he would..." It's the magazines, the movies, the ads that have made us feel that we stink, our hair is dull, we are too hairy, too wrinkly, too out of shape, ads all day long tell us we are ugly without their products.

We really need you men to undo all that conditioning. People that have taken this advice have reported back to me that their wives eyes opened with amazement and there were tears. Me? You were fantasizing about ME? You can almost imagine this woman sitting up a little straighter, patting down her hair.

You have the amazing ability to make a plain woman feel gorgeous. Do it and you won't need a vibrator. Make her believe that your love for her is so great you are blind to the love handles. Your lust is rooted in your history with your wife--no other woman can match that so she will feel safe and secure.

Anagrammy

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 07:32PM

I went to a presentation at the university several months back by Darrel Ray, author of the God Virus. He presented the results of a massive survey regarding religion and sex. Guess which group reported the least satisfaction in their sexual life? Mormons were the most screwed up followed closely by JW's and SDA. Interestingly, athiests weren't the most satisfied group--that belonged to unitarians.

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 07:59PM

Locate her clitoris and stimulate orally.
Lather, rinse, repeat.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 08:08PM

Doesn't work for everyone!
She really needs to go learn by herself first.

Posted by: Can't Resist ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 08:49PM

In addition to the toys are arousal gels. You can even buy them in Target now.

Posted by: AnonForThisOne ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 11:53PM

+1000.

There are times I have a hard time reaching orgasm and I HEARTILY endorse KY's Intense gel. My orgasms aren't as strong as they are au naturel but the stuff works and it will bring you to climax.

Posted by: jbstyle ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 10:32PM

Is she on any meds? SSRIs (Prozac, Celexa, Zoloft) can definitely inhibit orgasm.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 11:35PM

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: April 16, 2012 11:38PM

Who's looking out for that?

Posted by: ymountain ( )
Date: April 17, 2012 03:29AM

I'm not saying this is always the case, but a lot of women fake orgasms. Not to say that the women you were with before faked them, but it is possible. Also, some women are less sensitive in the genital area. I am one of them...only two men have been able to bring me to orgasm. Whatever the case is, don't feel bad! There are A LOT of factors that can contribute to her lack of ability to orgasm. If I were you, I would encourage her to try masturbation...this is how I was able to figure out what worked best for me. But, as you said, she is LDS so she might feel uncomfortable doing this. Be patient, it will happen!

Posted by: bigred ( )
Date: April 17, 2012 04:11AM

Google Nina Hartly and Sunny Lane - watch the 20 min version. Very educational!

Posted by: holistic ( )
Date: April 17, 2012 04:29AM

I had a hard time as a girl/woman in Mormondom and took me a long time to enjoy having sex fully... and am probably still healing a lot. For me- it needs to be thrilling- comfortable emotionally safe- and bonded. When I was dating my jack mo boyfriend that was still LDS but hardly active... he told me after we broke up that he was sexually frustrated- before him I hadn't really had sex with one person a lot or sex for that matter a lot... maybe 2 people at that time. Mormonism messes with a woman's mind I tell you. I would hardly ever and close to never as I was in jr. high and high school-- masturbate-- thought it was of the devil! I did it a lot in elementary school... openly with girl friends but not together. so I was at BYU-I and felt extreme guilt if anything went past 2nd base but still would go to 3rd base a lot and went to 4th a couple of times too. both parties felt guilt most of the time. so now when I am having sex I still hold back a lot and thoughts of guilt still trickle in due to the years of being beat up over it. that notion in Mormonism should be tackled differently with children -teens- and young adults. It's a normal thing and can be quite enjoyable-- just like drinking-- just be responsible. that's how I look at it. No one ever talked to me about it as a kid-- along with my period-- and many other things. I swear I grew up with parents from the 50's-- cause their parents never talked to them probably!! I was learning things from my non-mormon friends tho constantly- I think that's what saved me. Thank goodness I grew up in Montana till I was 11-- where Mormons were not that cool.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.