Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lbenni ( )
Date: May 01, 2012 10:01PM

I am quite a " free spirit" ...I am on my 2nd excom..this one I currently have is MY OWN CHOICE..

I have in my past life, slammed doors in Bishops faces..not picked up the " letter from SLC"at the post office, knowing it was thier exit letter..

Then I came back. Mainly because I was having a hard time raising my sons as a single parent.

When I came back, the bishop was THRILLED to have be back and immediately issued me a TR on the spot.

I went and did temple work..I liked it..

After about a month or so, the bishop calls me in and says, Ahh, Err, you were excommunicate a while back.

So, somewhere I have a letter from SL, saying that all the temple work I did WAS VALID, EVEN IF I WASN'T EVEN A MORMON, LET ALONE A TEMPLE RECCOMED HOLDER.

long story short, That bishop pulled my temple reccomend so many times, because I actually confessed I masterbated...)..I am a female...and now have a vibe to do it..:)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: May 01, 2012 11:10PM

I think that's the first time I ever heard of **that** combination of mixups!

:-)

Date: May 01, 2012 11:37PM

When i DID HAVE a current recommed and was working in the LA temple, I would bring in my lunch bag a diet pepsi, BUT I WRAPPED IN ALUM FOIL...and just leave it that way and pop the top..and drank it in the cafeteria...

When someone questioned it, I told them I needed to keep the foil on it to keep it cold.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: May 01, 2012 11:42PM

Mo: I see you're drinking coffee.

xyz: What . . . this?

Mo: It's from Starbucks.

xyz: Yeah, it's a hot chocolate.

Mo: [crickets]

It was a double-shot Mocha. LOL!

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: May 02, 2012 12:49AM

Liar!

See you in OD.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 02, 2012 12:53AM

Oh say what is Truth...

Posted by: schmendrick ( )
Date: May 02, 2012 12:00PM

lbenni Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, somewhere I have a letter from SL, saying that
> all the temple work I did WAS VALID, EVEN IF I
> WASN'T EVEN A MORMON, LET ALONE A TEMPLE RECCOMED
> HOLDER.

You have got to find this. After all, if non TR holders can perform valid spiritual rituals...

Doesn't that kind of completely nullify the church? Wasn't Joe's claim to fame (at least as carried forward these days) the fact tha the reinstituted the priesthood? So if you don't *need* the priesthood (or the priesthood's "legitimate" blessing) to do God's work...

I thought the whole point behind being the One True Church was so they can do God's work. Without that dubious authority, isn't the entirety of TSCC reduced to a basic impotent tautology?

Posted by: Xyandro ( )
Date: May 02, 2012 12:51PM

They're going to recycle the name anyway, so we can assume that they'll get a "worthy" person eventually...

Posted by: mindlight ( )
Date: May 02, 2012 12:07PM

During my first go around with the church I received a blessing from a couple of the priesthood. One was a man who had tried to get my hubby and I to roll in the hay. I was disgusted he was able to lay hands on my head.
I discussed it with the Bishop

He told me, God knows all, don't worry it was a good blessing.

Date: May 02, 2012 01:36PM

The bishop was brand new: maybe 2 weeks along...he was beside himself...

He was so excited to be a bishop...I don't think it could ever happen again...it probibly started a new " rule"..

Just like the "rule" that 2 young male missionaries CANNOT be in a home of a single woman...just because ONCE...something bad happened..

Date: May 02, 2012 01:55PM

I think they " validated" the " non-valid" temple work is so the new bishop could " save face"..

What are they going to do? Fire the Bishop?....Recollect all the names I did?....

it was the only solution to a very unusual situation...

Posted by: Captive Jack ( )
Date: May 03, 2012 01:27PM

There was a guy in the mission where I was sentenced who had been to the temple and was baptizing other people. One day, a year and a half into his sentence, someone from the records department realized that this guy had never been baptized. When they brought it up, he said "oh yeah, I wasn't". They decided that every baptism he had performed was still valid, because the people would never know. So, the MP baptized him, and since he was over 8, it counted as a convert baptism for the mission.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.