Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: harmony ( )
Date: May 24, 2012 10:52AM

My parents are TBM (I'm BIC ex-mo) and they attend my brother's ward.

Anyway, my mom handed her ipad to my 4 year old niece during sacrament meeting so she could use the LDS coloring book app. The church adds a new coloing book from time to time, and they had just added a General Conference coloring book. My niece opened the new coloring book, flipped a few pages, and then exclaimed "WHAT?!" in a loud and outraged voice. It turns out the entire General Conference coloring book was headshot line drawings of the Presidency and the 12. Even my TBM mom thought the book was a bad call by the church. I mean really, what kid wants to color line drawings of a buch of old men?! It makes me laugh every time I picture the scene.

My niece is a real spitfire. Hopefully she will retain her bold spirit in spite of being raised in the LDS church environment.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: May 24, 2012 11:00AM

Yeah, those GA's sure are humble servants of God keeping the little children's eye on the prize, worshipping....

them.

Anagrammy

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: May 24, 2012 11:00AM

I don't know, I could see myself drawing horns and nasty mustaches on those old men. But you are right - there are a number of more interesting things they could have put on that app. One more evidence that the church is wildly out of touch with it's members.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: May 24, 2012 11:46AM

Blacked-out teeth except you prolly can't see their teeth the tight-lipped way they look.

Make-up (Clown, Hooker, or Drag Queen, your choice).

Big old snotters from their big old noses.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: May 24, 2012 11:49AM

LOL! Those were my first thoughts too!

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: May 24, 2012 12:02PM

My thoughts too. Eye shadow, lipstick, some warts...

Maybe some thought bubbles? 'I can't believe the members really buy into this bs'.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: May 24, 2012 12:05PM

I don't have an iPad. It would be great to get a copy of those line drawings and have a coloring contest.

Date: May 24, 2012 12:07PM

Yes, yes, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: May 24, 2012 12:07PM

Oh, yeah! And more...

Green faces.

Blood dripping from wherever you like.

Big old knife sticking out of the head and any other zombifying tricks you can think of.

Send them to hell, outer darkness, or outer slobbovia (I get those mixed up)forever by drawing stripes on their shirts or coloring them bright colors,or draw a scantily clad girl on their necktie, or draw long hair, dreadlocks, or hair curlers on their cold bald little heads!

What fun imagination games for kids! It'll be better than Willy whatsisname, that guy we "drew" hair on with magnet shavings back in the 1950s and 60s!!

Posted by: jazzskeeter ( )
Date: May 24, 2012 11:55AM

What kind of colors would you need? Ash-white, sallow-yellow for the faces. Shirts...white. You don't even get to choose a hair color for some of them.

Posted by: rosemary ( )
Date: May 24, 2012 11:57AM

I remember when I was in my last couple of years of primary (as a kid) and they told us we should be able to recognize pictures of and name all the apostles. They would show us portraits like flashcards every week.

At the time my thought was "I DON'T SEE THE NEED." But now, yeah, what humble guys they are. Their very faces are necessary for the salvation of children. *gag*

That said, this is a great story. I'm totally going to go around telling people. Especially my mom. And I'll tell her in a funny, "isn't this cute?" way and then watch her head explode as she understands the kind of hubris it takes to expect four year olds to color your picture and enjoy it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.