Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Deluded ( )
Date: July 29, 2014 05:32PM

I have several youth relatives. Who have gone to treks in recent years. They take emotional teenagers, make them push handcarts in hot conditions, and get them tired and hungry. Then they move in with testimony meetings in the evening while in this fragile condition. Such manipulation.

One other thing that disturbs me. Each event, or at least the onnes I am aware of have the young men carry the young women accross the water. Two issues with that. One, it seems fairly unrealistic and sorta reinforces the patriarchal sexist dominance already in lds doctrine. Second, surely this did not happen. I am not convinced that a man carrying a woman was safer than the woman crossing on her own feet, even with assistance if she needed it. Finally, it is again a manipulation. The young woman clings to the young man, and for many there is surely sexual tension. These programs are a manipulative ploy to take advantage of emotional youth. My two cents.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: July 29, 2014 05:42PM

Jesus H. Christ on a leaking raft, Mormons with their fing handcarts and the fing pioneer sh1t. Gawd, it drives me insane. It really, really, does.

Carrying the girls? What sexist tripe.

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: July 29, 2014 05:47PM

I managed to avoid Trek every year. And thank God.

I would have been SOOOO uncomfortable carrying one of the young women across anything.

What a banal contrived setting.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.