Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: runtu ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 09:54AM

How often do you think the GAs show up on Saturdays to clean the chapel? Are they even asked?

I doubt very much that any of them has ever helped clean a chapel. That's something for lesser mortals to do.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 09:58AM

I think you'd be more likely to see dogs cleaning the floor with their tongues (not me) than a GA cleaning ANYTHING!

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 09:59AM

If Leona Helmsley were TBM royalty she would have explained it thus: "We don't clean chapels. Only the little people clean chapels."

Posted by: Bicentennial Ex ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 12:29PM

...as she blustered down the aisle, tossing sacrament cups over her shoulder.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 10:01AM

They have a higher calling of cleaning the minds of members and their evil thoughts that dare question anything.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 10:28AM

I wonder if they clean their own offices, or if they hire professional cleaners to do the job. With all the money they save on having the members clean the meetinghouses, the GAs could certainly afford to put their feet up and have their offices cleaned by someone else. Joesph Smith would be proud of how the faithful members are being used.

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 10:42AM

I bet sometimes. The more sadistic ones, anyways. Just because they know it will make everyone scrub three times harder, jump a little higher, run a little faster.

They just stand around, watching, telling themselves, "yeah, that's right, b*tches. Who's your daddy?"

Posted by: jbug ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 10:52AM

They don't clean cult buildings, but...

They sure know how to clean out the wallets of the poor cult members! That's what they're good for.

Posted by: Sister_Twister ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 12:20PM

Exactly -- they wouldn't be caught dead cleaning a chapel because this is a sign of weakness and people at the top don't do things like this.

Right on. I always felt so bad for the poor members who were called to oversee the chapel.

You knew the Bishopric didn't like them very much.

Posted by: dazed11 ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 12:26PM

Look every member is a part of the body of christ and has an important role. The GA's are like the brain. They have the role of traveling around the world and giving inspiring speeches and writing insightful articles for the Ensign. The members cleaning the church are like the colon. They eliminate the waste and keep things clean. They are both equally important roles.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 12:29PM

Posted by: Cynthia ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 12:34PM

I've seen a picture of of Hinckley cleaning a floor, but I bet it only lasted as long as it took to click the pic.

Posted by: sonnyboy ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 01:06PM

they don't even know how to clean their own freaking houses. i'm just wondering why the heck they clean the chapels. full of hypocrisy here

Posted by: alex71ut ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 01:34PM

I would love to see photos next year (assuming he wins) of Mitt and Ann (surrounded by Secret Service agents) mopping the kitchen floor, scrubbing toilets, and vacuuming the halls of the DC chapel.

Posted by: m ( )
Date: June 29, 2012 04:34PM

Who cleans Thomas Monson's toilet?

shouldn't they be fired too?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.