Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: justrob ( )
Date: September 06, 2012 11:51PM

k... I know this is silly but I had this thought and had to share it (hopefully it will lead to some awesome humor).

So if TSCC can do Baptisms for the Dead, can we do Resignations for the dead?

We fill out a bunch of blue/pink cards with names & birthdates, and send them into LD$ for proxy resignation & name removal.

Silly concept, I know, but so is dead dunking.

I just think it would be funny :D

P.S. Gotta make 'em vague to like so many of their cards "Mother Peterson" or "Baby Boy Smith" etc...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 12:12AM

I've thought about this to and thought it would be humorous.

Maybe it would give a couple of Mormon's a clue of why others find dead dunking offensive.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 12:16AM

Ha!

If someone could design a PDF file or the like for people to download and print off - people from all around the world could send them in to the COB.

I know I would - I'd mail a bunch! :D

Date: September 07, 2012 12:18AM

I could definitely do that (I am a techie)

But I am contemplating a digital submission system... hmm, I will have to ponder it some more and see if I come up with a good plan.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 12:25AM

Yeah but an email submission would be like spam - minor annoyance - press a key - gone.

An actual piece of mail that has to be delivered to the right person in the building, then opened, then read, then recycled - higher annoyance factor. ;-) and a more obvious message. IMO.

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 05:26PM

Yeah, but wouldn't it be worth it to see the look on the ward clerk/bishop's face when he opened his email inbox and saw a couple thousand emails from dead people????

We could use TOR so he wouldn't know where they came from...

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 12:22AM

Not the same thing, but you can always make them gay.

http://alldeadmormonsarenowgay.com/

Date: September 07, 2012 02:29PM

I'd never seen that, lol

Posted by: hexalm ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 03:36AM

That's what this topic made me think of :)

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 12:27AM

Think of how many letters, physical letters, that some poor dolt in the COB would have to open.

I'd send in my mother's, fathers, every aunt & uncle (about 18) that I can think of.

They'd have to answer them somehow, wouldn't they? Even if just an acknowledgement of receipt.

"....submitting this resignation for an in behalf of ____________, who is dead."

Love the idea.

Posted by: BI ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 07:17AM

+1

This is ingenious. A real reason to do some serious genealogy!

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 09:37AM

Thanks to the diligence of my ever-devoted TBM mother, I have records for several hundred of my ancestors, all crying out from their graves for me to UNDO their Infernal Mormons Inc. Baptisms!

I can see the postage bills piling up already...

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 12:28AM

I wish I could resign many times over! Resigning for the dead would give us that chance, and it would be a way of celebrating our good decision. I think we should create a huge mob at the mass resignations at Ensign Peak next year, or make a huge line outside the COB, waving our letters, and singing songs.

I can tell you what's even better--resigning for your children!

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 12:30AM

Hilarious. I know my convert daughter gave some names and it urks me to no end. I would love to offer up their names and I would make it very proper with real name.... and add "name originally submitted by convert without family permission".

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 12:53AM

I would do it for my Dad. He believed in God, but I always wondered how much of the LDS doctrine he actually believed in. He was on High Council but I never saw him crack a B of M or the Bible.

Ron Burr

Posted by: Tara the Pagan ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 01:13AM

We could all just upload our GEDCOM files, or our pedigrees from Ancestry.com to the church database and "undunk" all our dead relatives by proxy.

Hey, if we have rights to dunk the dead ancestors, we can undunk them. Fair is fair, right?

Maybe we should raise a cup of coffee to each one as part of the ritual.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 01:18AM

and necrodunking of the excommunicated and resigned is not supposed to happen without First Presidency approval. Of course it is just words, but apparently they wanted to have that written down just in case someone gets necrodunked and it pisses the deceased relatives off.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 09:37AM

http://www.own-free-website.com/

I could do that if no one else wanted to... or StalkerDog™ could! He needs something to do... He's been whining at me about why can't he go to Exmo Conference.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 09:31AM

I think vicarious ordinances for LIVING high profile LDS would be so much more fun. Example David Bednar is married to Boyd PAcker. etc.

Just think of it as dead ordinances done in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2012 09:32AM by lucky.

Posted by: anointed one ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 09:59AM

Lo and behold, while reading this thread and pondering the significance of it, the Heavens were opened up unto me and I beheld a vision, most sublime and ennobling in the majesty thereof.

There appeared to me the noble and great ones who have left this life, the prophets and apostles who have departed this life and were members of the Anointed Quorum.

They came to me as the only member of said Quorum willing to testify of the truth.

They admitted they had been led astray while in this life and wished the world to know that the true omniscient, omnipresent god is Google. They desire, therefore, that I arrange proxy baptisms for them into the Church of Google.

Whoops, I'm overdue taking my medication, must run.

Tom

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 10:22AM

I'm tempted to resign on behalf of the dozens or hundreds of my ancestors who were dunked, slathered and sealed by generations of their TBM descendants. In particular, I'd like to resign on behalf of my Jewish direct-line ancestors.

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 05:51PM

How about we resign on behalf of people like:
Bruce R McKonkie
J Golden Kimball
Howard W Hunter

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 06:55PM

HA!

Yes.

Also:

Hinckley, Jesus, Hitler, Kimball, etc. etc., Joseph himself! Whitmer, Brigham....every one of his wives too. They would be so happy!!!!

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 10:09PM

Tonight I will drink Irish Coffee in proxy for my polygamous great-grandfather who didn't break the word of wisdom. If he chooses to share my sin, fine. He doesn't have to.

Posted by: truthseeker ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 03:42AM

This is a truly great idea--irritating to the Mormons and exposing how ridiculous dead dunking is at the same time!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.