Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SpongeBob SquareGarments ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 09:12AM

Reuters - Mormon with outspoken blog posts on church says may face excommunication http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/23/net-us-usa-mormon-discipline-idUSBRE88M01220120923

PoliticsUSA - As president, would Mitt Romney obey his prophet or the constitution?
http://www.politicususa.com/president-mitt-romney-obey-prophet-constitution.html

Skydancing Blog - Mitt Romney's Religion, Politics and Taxes
http://skydancingblog.com/tag/david-twede/

EDITOR COMMENT: It's interesting to note that in all the public rebuttals by the LDS Church, they never once try to debunk the information that is debated on MormonThink that is damaging to the church such as the Book of Abraham papyri that was discovered in 1966 and shows that Joseph Smith's translation of the Book of Abraham scripture is totally inaccurate or how the numerous anachronisms in the Book of Mormon indicate it is not literal history or why Joseph Smith married 11 women that already had living husbands, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2012 09:12AM by SpongeBob SquareGarments.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nancy Rigdon ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 09:23AM

The defacation has hit the oscillation for TSCC.

:)

Posted by: ragingphoenix ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 10:24AM

HAHA!! I love that!

I'm going to have to use it someday...

Posted by: smithscars ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 09:38AM

It's such a great article and it makes you wonder...what's up with mormonthink? (& on to mormonthink to see what's up)

By the way, I've been noticing it on a bunch of other smaller news agencies

I really do think that its such a well written article that firstly drags you into the discussions for a bit, which don't bode well for mormonism in this case, and then on to mormonthink for many of them

This was bad timing on the part of the Leaders involved trying to squelch mormonthink now, imo. This thing ends badly for them no matter what. Too much weirdness multiplied by Mitt makes mormonthink more important than ever. Hope you can keep it up

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2012 09:55AM by smithscars.

Posted by: GC ( )
Date: September 23, 2012 10:20AM

Ahh .... the power of the media. I love it!

Kudos to Steve Benson, Sue and whoever else contributed to getting this story out there.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.