Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Maggie ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 01:28PM

If the church does not support mitt, officially, why is there advertising for him on this blog? I really do not understand how a blog is funded, so please explain how this works.

http://ldschurchgrowth.blogspot.com/2010/01/updated-potential-temple-maps.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exmollymo ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 01:33PM

It's not an official church website.

Posted by: Maggie ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 01:34PM

Oh ok, that's how they get around it. Thanks

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 01:36PM

I think that blog is not officially connected with the Mormon church. Its just some random Mormon's personal blog. He can say whatever he wants and his church doesn't really care. (Unless, of course, he says something true about the LDS church on there! Then they'll excommunicate him faster than you can blink!)

Posted by: elcid ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 04:26PM

The church supports Mitt. Totally in the tank with him.

Just not officially. Not "on the record", but come on, we all know they are helping him in every way possible...

"We are men of action, lies do not become us!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2012 04:26PM by elcid.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: September 26, 2012 12:05AM

The church supports Mitt. They were counting on Mitt to totally validate them and raise them to new heights of glory, world-wide acceptance and exponential growth. But there are a few problems. Mitt is Mormon. Mormons are Mormon. And Mormonism is going nowhere.

The "Mormon Moment" has few leaks and it is rapidly deflating.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: September 26, 2012 07:32AM

Nice summation and "Mormons are Mormon" - could be the most insightful tautology ever penned on the planet.

And by a Canadian, no less :)

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: September 25, 2012 04:41PM

Google/Blogspot shows you ads based on the content of the page. The blogger doesn't have much control over what ads appear on the free page Google gives them...

This isn't a church sponsored, (directly, or indirectly?) blog...

The scariest part about this is the guy that spends all his time tracking temple locations is that he's studying for a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology. At least he isn't going to YBU///

Posted by: spanner at work ( )
Date: September 26, 2012 02:58AM

I checked out his member survey. Looks like he is trying to get an idea of activity and why people are going inactive. You have to rank these options for Q6 which had me crashing out, as there is no "it's all a load of bollocks" option:

6. What do you believe are the greatest reasons for members no longer attending church in your congregation? Rank the following from 1 = highest to 10 = lowest

inadequate prebaptismal preparation
poor fellowshipping from members
weak testimony of the Church
doctrinal concerns
offended by a member or church leader
long distance to meetinghouse
language barriers
cultural conditions
lack of religious freedom
proselytism efforts from other religions

Posted by: smith ( )
Date: September 26, 2012 07:59AM

I left the church because I wanted to know why people were leaving so I could work on bringing them back into the "FOLD". I found this site along with others, and started to wonder instead why anyone would stay in the church.

I am hoping to see the Mormons accept mainstream Christianity or become increasingly smaller. I feel like it will be the latter, and that the church costs so much to sustain that it will get much worse. They have already started asking for more fast offerings, which is now used by the church anyway they want. It is a shame.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.