Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GC ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 11:08AM

My partner, who is a never-mo (thank God), makes me laugh sometimes. Being a good, little ex-mo, I like to read all the good stuff on this board and even watch snippets of general conference sometimes -- to see the cult in action.

This morning, I started listening to a talk by one of the 12 on my laptop and my partner asked me to use a set of headphones (which would have been the polite thing to do anyways) so she didn't have to listen to the "droning on"!

I guess she's heard the GA's "droning" voices before when I've occasionally tuned into a conference talk or two. Being raised Mormon, I hadn't realized how mundane ("droning") these guys can be, but you'd think in today's world of competition for followers of all kinds, they'd try to add a bit of spice to the talks and overall event.

I suggest that instead of the Tab Choir throughout all sessions, they bring in a good rock-n-roll band for one of them!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: justrob ( )
Date: October 09, 2012 10:42AM

Richard Scott is the worst.
He speaks Spanish (albeit not very well) & so he likes to prerecord his message in Spanish, rather than let the excellent translators do their job.

He then records his message in English to keep on pace with his Spanish talk.

He puts in an ear piece, and listens to himself in English, so he can keep on pace with it.

It makes him talk in the most hauntingly slow & halting way.

Drives me batty.

Posted by: justj ( )
Date: October 09, 2012 12:03PM

I think the preacher from the simpsons when he's at the pulpit has way more intrigue.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 09, 2012 12:19PM

It is called "voice roll" and is a technique of mass hypnosis.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.